What is the Degree of parallellism in Premium mode?

What is the Degree of parallellism in Premium mode while loading? Is it better than free?

Or it is only 2 as in free.

I have quite a few control sheets that only has 4-16 entries. Is there a way to combine those into one sheet so I donโ€™t have to use 0,7 seconds to load each sheet? Like treat each column as a separate entity?

The control sheets are used for validations (Which you can add or remove entries to)

Solved Solved
0 5 457
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You could see on the performance log and other place in terms of number. My understanding is 2 fro Pro plan and 5 for business plan.

When we sync the app, appsheet server will start to do the jobs reading tables, column and do other calculation stuffs. The Degress of Parallellism number is indicating how many Appsheet server you can employ to do those jobs.

For instance, you have 5 table, and upon syncing, the 2 server (on pro plan) will start to read the tables. Once one table is read by one server, then this server start to read the rest of table.

More simply to say, you stands as manager of company. And you have A tasks. Then Degres of paralleslims is indicating how many employees you can assign to do this A whole task.
On business plan, you can employ 5 member.

then what is the result. The sync time is faster on Biz plan rather than pro plan.

This is one of the beneif to join to Biz plan.

It is not simple math, but 2 server vs 5 server, meaning sync speed could be 2.5 times faster on biz plan.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You could see on the performance log and other place in terms of number. My understanding is 2 fro Pro plan and 5 for business plan.

When we sync the app, appsheet server will start to do the jobs reading tables, column and do other calculation stuffs. The Degress of Parallellism number is indicating how many Appsheet server you can employ to do those jobs.

For instance, you have 5 table, and upon syncing, the 2 server (on pro plan) will start to read the tables. Once one table is read by one server, then this server start to read the rest of table.

More simply to say, you stands as manager of company. And you have A tasks. Then Degres of paralleslims is indicating how many employees you can assign to do this A whole task.
On business plan, you can employ 5 member.

then what is the result. The sync time is faster on Biz plan rather than pro plan.

This is one of the beneif to join to Biz plan.

It is not simple math, but 2 server vs 5 server, meaning sync speed could be 2.5 times faster on biz plan.

Other stuffs need to be mentioned.

If we have one large table, for instance, to read this particular table it takes 60 sec, while other tables are smalls, then number of servers being engaged is not match impacting to the performance to the sync. One server keep doing the jobs for 60 sec, while other server do and complete the jobs. The process is just waiting for one server to complete a read of the table.

So it depends.

Thank you for the thorough answer.

Iโ€™m still on free plan, assessing what plan I need to buy and what I get from it.

Btw. Do you have any insights on pricing on the biz plan?

For pricing stuffs, please send query to sales@appsheet.com , as I m just volunteer to the community.

I have sent, but I just try to understand what scale of users you need to be on to make a good deal there.

Top Labels in this Space