What is the error here? LOOKUP([_THISROW].[A...

What is the error here?

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[AccountHeadId], “AccountHeads”, “AccountHeadId”, “AccountHeadName”)

getting error message as below "error in expression ‘[_THISROW].[AccountHeadId]’ : Unable to find column ‘_THISROW’

Any advise pl.

0 16 1,284
16 REPLIES 16

Go to Data > User Settings.

Enable an option row by unchecking the box in its HIDDEN column.

Change the OPTION column value to Account Head.

Edit the option row and configure it to describe a Ref to the AccountHeads table.

Go to UX > Views to the view you want to configure.

For the view’s display name, use:

=LOOKUP(USERSETTINGS(“Account Head”). AccountHeads, AccountHeadId, AccountHeadName)

SAVE the changes.

In your app, go to the “hamburger menu” in the upper left corner of most views.

Tap Settings.

Change Account Head as desired.

Save the change.

Go to the view you configured Display name for and observe the name displayed.

You’re probably trying to use the formula in a context in which _THISROW isn’t defined, such as a view Display name.

+Steve Coile You are really great. Exactly… so how do I achieve this please?

The view’s display name is not and cannot be aware of the view’s specific content, unfortunately. What are you trying to display in the view?

+Steve Coile I just want to display the Account name as view name… If i click an Account it will take me to the entries page/view, which will be named as “Account Name”.

The problem is that the new view isn’t aware of the old view. You need some way to note which account is currently being viewed by the user. The easiest way would be to use the User Settings feature. The user would select an account and save it there, then everything else could refer to the setting using the USERSETTINGS() function.

Thanks lot Mr. Steve for your kind help.

+Steve Coile Sorry Steve. I failed on my attempt.

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[AccountHeadId], AccountHeads, AccountHeadId, AccountHeadName) This expression is not working in usersettings.

You’re probably trying to use the formula in a context in which _THISROW isn’t defined, such as a view Display name.

+Steve Coile You are really great. Exactly… so how do I achieve this please?

The view’s display name is not and cannot be aware of the view’s specific content, unfortunately. What are you trying to display in the view?

+Steve Coile I just want to display the Account name as view name… If i click an Account it will take me to the entries page/view, which will be named as “Account Name”.

The problem is that the new view isn’t aware of the old view. You need some way to note which account is currently being viewed by the user. The easiest way would be to use the User Settings feature. The user would select an account and save it there, then everything else could refer to the setting using the USERSETTINGS() function.

Thanks lot Mr. Steve for your kind help.

+Steve Coile Sorry Steve. I failed on my attempt.

LOOKUP([_THISROW].[AccountHeadId], AccountHeads, AccountHeadId, AccountHeadName) This expression is not working in usersettings.

Go to Data > User Settings.

Enable an option row by unchecking the box in its HIDDEN column.

Change the OPTION column value to Account Head.

Edit the option row and configure it to describe a Ref to the AccountHeads table.

Go to UX > Views to the view you want to configure.

For the view’s display name, use:

=LOOKUP(USERSETTINGS(“Account Head”). AccountHeads, AccountHeadId, AccountHeadName)

SAVE the changes.

In your app, go to the “hamburger menu” in the upper left corner of most views.

Tap Settings.

Change Account Head as desired.

Save the change.

Go to the view you configured Display name for and observe the name displayed.

Top Labels in this Space