What is the 'short representation of a timestamp' in saved .jpg

Dev100

What are the last 6 numbers in a saved photo jpg filename structure? The appsheet help page states this is a short representation of a timestamp, but it does not look like a recognisable string of numbers of a date or time. If so, how do you convert this back to a usable timestamp?

โ€œEach image file name is prefixed by the key of the row being updated, the column name, and a short representation of a timestamp.โ€

0 4 1,730
4 REPLIES 4

@Dev100
Itโ€™s the concatenation of YYYYMMDDHHMMSSsss
Year + Month + Day + Hours + Minutes + Seconds + Milliseconds

Thanks, but for me this doesโ€™t match. As an example:

The jpg name generates automatically as: RhSwfsjw.Photo.092649.jpg

• Key of the row = RhSwfsjw
  • Column name = Photo
  • timestamp = 16/07/2019 10:22

The key and column name tie up fine, but the timestamp doesnโ€™t.

Any thoughts? Thanks

@Dev100
By default, AppSheet includes a system generated Timestamp in the attachment file name. The Timestamp contains the date and time at which the attachment was created. The date and time are formatted as โ€œyyyyMMdd_HHmmss_fffโ€ where โ€œfffโ€ is milliseconds. This ensures the attachment file name is unique. For example:

MyAttachmentName20190207_133355_804.pdf

Thatโ€™s my misunderstanding that I thought you were asking for filenames. For the images, I believe AppSheet basically appends HHmmfff (hours, minutes and milliseconds) as a suffix to the image filesnames. As the timestamp information is retrieved from the server, it probably denotes to UTC rather than the timestamp value in the clientโ€™s device.

Thanks, that makes sense. Is there a way of changing the timestamp format in the .jpgs? It would be far more useful if the date was also included, not just the time.

Top Labels in this Space