What is this tick box for, and how can I hide...

What is this tick box for, and how can I hide it?

0 8 1,143
8 REPLIES 8

To select multiple items

Good morning to all,

Actually, we face the same issue as we NEED to hide this TICK button in the top bar to avoid users to select (and potentially delete) entries in the table. I guess itโ€™s obvious but we canโ€™t find it in the UX/Options window :โ€™.

Thanks a lot for the answer, we are a little bit destabilized .

There is no option to hide the โ€œTICK buttonโ€. Instead, you should design your app so that undesirable actions are not available to users in the first place. For instance, if youโ€™re worried users might delete rows, disable the Delete action or disallow deletes at the table level.

@Thibaud Are you able to take a printscreen?

I donโ€™t think we can hide this tick box for now.
This is prepared to select multiple rows for action affecting to the bulk number of the rows.

Only way is to set the table read-only, but I assume this is not what you are looking for and prefer.

Or just the Slice that the view is based on. Then you can control which actions are available to that slice/view. This allows you to hide all actions for that slice/view only, while maintaining the current functionality in other views based on that table.

Another approach is to conditionally hide all actions for that view, using Show_If:
CONTEXT("View")<>"View_Name"

2X_a_a342e702e2937dd10076a91ebe97bb796fd1fa9f.png

In my case, I am using this approach to prevent multi-delete in deck-views.

Behavior > Actions > Object > Delete > BEHAVIOR > Only if this condition is true: CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œViewName_Detailโ€

This allows users to delete a row only when they are in Detail-views.

However, there is still the tick-box shown at the top band. Users can just use it for tick-tick-tick without any actions to proceed. May be, itโ€™s useful if the users need to just count something in the view with this tick-box (there is a neat auto-count for the ticks) .

Thanks for the clear answer : ).

Top Labels in this Space