What's gonna happen to Appsheet when 5G era starts?

I’m sorry for super general question.

Media is broadcasting almost every day and talking about 5G. Super fast and stable connectivities will bring revolutionary change to all of us, no matter where we are.

Wondering what sort of the benefit we would be able to enjoy over Appsheet after 5G becomes alive?

Better experience in terms of the required sync time ? Upload even video file instantly?

Can’t wait for new era to come!

1 3 370
3 REPLIES 3

I think it’ll be relatively negligible to the majority of appsheet end users. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited for it, I just don’t imagine it’ll have much manifested impact.

This is a fun topic fore me haha

I’ve seen 5G tests of speeds up to 1,500 Mbps(the test was right next to the 5g transmitter), which is roughly 15x faster than the average home wifi in United States (93.98 Mbps) and 30x faster than the Global AVG.

What this means is your phone will be sending/retrieving the data to/from AppSheet’s servers super fast. However thats just part of the syncing process.

Most likely the factors that are most relevant are:

• Your AppSheet plan
  • Where your Data is stored (preferably SQL)
  • Efficiency of your App (Formulas, Virtual Columns, User Settings, etc.)
  • There’s more factors for sure but QREW also has 2 episodes out of a 3 part Sync Time mini series on youtube, if your are interested in a bit of a deeper dive into this topic!

Totally agree with @Grant_Stead that I’m excited about 5G but I don’t see it affecting AppSheet users too much. Especially considering 5G emits a very high frequency, which means it doesn’t travel very far and it’s weakened a ton by any non-conductive object between your phone and 5G transmitter. So this means for a very long time it’ll only very be available in busy open areas of big cities.

You have a mini series!
Now I’m excited!

Top Labels in this Space