What's happening? Suddenly my users report th...

What’s happening? Suddenly my users report that their photos aren’t appearing. Started a few days ago

0 9 353
9 REPLIES 9

Have you moved/renamed either the photo folder or the spreadsheet folder? Another reason could be that this is a “child” table but the “mother” record is removed.

@Aleksi_Alkio what do you mean about the “child” table?

Also, how do I check on the “moved/renamed folder” issue? How do I fix it? Because i may have done that

With the child table I mean the ref type of field. But I believe you don’t have them in your app.

Open the spreadheet and check the folder name on your photo name. That folder should be a subfolder on that folder where the spreadsheet is. If you have changed the folder name, you should rename it back. If you have changed the photo name, you should it renamed it also.

@Felix_Tay also have you shared your sheet with anyone? They may have copied it which creates two sources… In drive look at the details of the sheet, and you can see sheet locations… Remove all of the erroneous locations

I have had the same issues with my app. I’ll think that that has to due to overloaded servers at Google. The images are there, but sometimes the system lags.

@praveen I don’t know if y’all changed something that’s messing with images at all. But it seems like there tends to be more of that popping up in the community

As ai mentioned in another post, we periodically purge our image caches (just happened about a week ago). Whenever this happens, images that were cached have to be re-retrieved from the source. Anyone whose source files have been removed (or folder moved to another spot, etc) will suddenly have their images “disappear”. But in reality the only reason they didn’t disappear much earlier is because of the caching.

@praveen does it mean my users will always have a danger of having their images deleted permanently?

No, it’s not meaning that. For example when you have changed either the subfolder name or place, your users are still seeing images from the cache. When we purge the image cache, the connection will be broken and because the folder is moved, the app can’t find it anymore. When you move all subfolders back into the original place, your users are able to see those images again.

Top Labels in this Space