What's the syntax for "other attachments" in a scheduled report?

I am using a concatenation to refer to a file attachment that was saved in another workflow, saved on Drive, in the default folder for the app.

CONCATENATE(“Files/”,(RIGHT(YEAR(NOW()),4)),IF(MONTH(TODAY())<10,CONCATENATE(0,MONTH(TODAY())),MONTH(TODAY())),IF(DAY(TODAY())<10,CONCATENATE(0,DAY(TODAY())),DAY(TODAY())),Daily_Warning,".csv")

Which results in:

Files/20190327Daily_Warning.csv

But I can’t get the report to find the file. Is it the syntax that is wrong?

0 5 654
5 REPLIES 5

I am not certain I understand. Are you saying that the file you are trying to attach to the Report email was uploaded by the AppSheet application via a File field?

File created from another report.

Report 1 - Creates csv from template with the concatenated name.
Report 2 - 10 minutes later emails out the csv created.

The file is named correctly, and in the right folder, I just get the error when report 2 triggers:
“Errors”: “Error: Workflow attachment file ‘Files/20190327Daily_Warning.csv’ not found due to: Object reference not set to an instance of an object…”,

I have tried referring to this file in the “other attachments” of report 2 in many different ways, I’m not sure how to get the report to find this file.

Ideas?

See topic " Constructing an Attachment File URL" in this article https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/email-pdf-attachment-archiving

Using that format, I can get a url to download the file, but it isn’t as a .csv anymore, and it isn’t named. This also doesn’t let me attach it to the email as a file. I didn’t expect this to be so hard lol

I got it to work in a different way! No report 1, just an email using the csv template for the attachment, and making the attachment name end in .csv wow, thank you for your help.

Top Labels in this Space