What's This? Function------mutiple logins accross differnet devices with same login

Hi,

Is there a “?” “What’s this?” function in Appsheet so that my users can click on it and see a description of the column/entry and what it is related to?

Also, can a user log into an app from two devices at the same time withn the same login? I plan on selling my app based on user logins so if they figure out that they can just share one between 5 people then I’m going to lose out.

Thanks

Phil

0 6 357
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Nope.

Yes.

Hi Steve,

Thank you. IS it possible to see who is logged on and when?

Thanks

Phil

This is a tricky question. What does it mean to be “logged on”? Since the app doesn’t maintain a persistent connection to a server (instead only connecting when syncing), there’s no traditional “logged on” state. Does “logged on” mean the app is open? Open and on screen?

I think a possible approach is to assign each (device, user) pair a unique ID with a hidden user setting. You can then capture that ID in table updates and use a report to look for overlap. It’s not at all trivial, though, and I’ve not implemented it myself, so I can’t provide concrete details.

Thanks Steve,

How do I create a unique Id for a device? Ican’t find anything on it in the appsheet literature.

Thanks

Phil

Appsheet is not designed to sell "Apps " in the market place to anyone and app creator gain the financial incentives. As far as I believe it is not on their notions in terms of running the platform.

But if you really want to capture when user access to the app, then setting app to sync upon launching all the time. Then you are able to trace for access to your app whenever they open up your app.

You’ll need to enable User Settings (which means enabling one non-hidden user setting). Once enabled, enable a user setting, set it’s Show? to OFF, and its Initial value to an expression that includes UNIQUEID(), such as one of the following:

• UNIQUEID()
  • LIST(USEREMAIL(), UNIQUEID())
  • LIST(USEREMAIL(), CONTEXT("Host"), UNIQUEID())

Then you’ll need to find a way to capture that value when the app user does something. One way would be to add a hidden column with an App formula expression that uses USERSETTINGS() to set the column to that ID.

See also:

Top Labels in this Space