When I opened the AppSheet editor today, I fo...

When I opened the AppSheet editor today, I found that my app has a new error for all of the tables:

"Table ‘***’ LocaleName was incorrectly set to ‘Compatibility’.

It has been updated to ‘en-US’ to match the worksheet Locale Name.

When I click on MORE INFO I get the image you see below. According to the explanation, the resolution involves verifying the the Locale Name in AppSheet is right, but no explanation of how to do this is provided.

When one clicks of “Learn more . . .”

https://help.appsheet.com/ux/localize/locale-support-in-appsheet

one cannot find anything about LocaleName.

The page does explain how to view the “Data locale” in the AppSheet editor but I don’t see any LocaleName. Also, in the Google workbook, I can find “Locale” inside "Settings for this spreadsheet, but no “LocaleName.”

Is it the case that the “Data locale” of the table in the AppSheet editor (not the “LocaleName”) needs to match the workbook’s “Locale” (not the “LocaleName”)?

If so, could you please fix the documentation to reflect that reality?

Also, this error is new. Apparently, my configuration got by without any errors for quite some time but has suddenly been flagged.

Any explanation you might provide about why this occurred and why it is or isn’t important would be appreciated.

0 3 501
3 REPLIES 3

@Mike_Adler Thanks for your help. The page has good information. The problem is that the term used in the error message, LocaleName, is no where to be found in it.

I think my situation is fine now but I also think that AppSheet should fix its error messages.

This issue is related to

plus.google.com - I’d like to make an observation about the following error message: "Schema B…

where Praveen Seshadri has that many error messages need to be redone. I’d like to make an observation about the following error message: "Schema B… plus.google.com

Mike_A
Participant V

@Kirk_Masden - not sure what changed to cause this, but does this info help? Locale Support in AppSheet help.appsheet.com

Thanks for your help, Mike. My issue is resolved now. I just noticed that I hadn’t responded so I wanted thank you, even though a few months have passed.

Top Labels in this Space