When im typing in the search, it becomes extr...

Simon_Chow
Participant II

When im typing in the search, it becomes extremely slow (e.g. Each letter literally comes out 3-5seconds after i type it in), wondering if theres any solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

0 17 411
17 REPLIES 17

It should not work like that. How big your datasize is?

Simon_Chow
Participant II

itโ€™s around 4-5K entries

That amount of data should not affect in that way. What is your app name and account ID if itโ€™s okay to look about it?

Simon_Chow
Participant II

of course, hereโ€™s the link to the app FYI, but iโ€™m afraid its only available

in chinese for now. Appreciate the help! appsheet.com - AppSheet AppSheet appsheet.com

I tested the app and I can see only very small delayโ€ฆ maybe 0.2โ€ฆ0.3 sec after typing. I believe this is the same app that you sent with another post. One thing you should think aboutโ€ฆ when you have lot of rows, all your photos will be downloaded at the same time. Could it be possible to use the view (table or deck) without photos. When your user opens the detail view, it will download the photo then (like one by one). If you have 5000 rows of photos to download, itโ€™s a lot of data and it will affect your app very easily.

Simon_Chow
Participant II

Thanks for the testing, yes this is the same app I mentioned in the other post. The delay actually happens primarily when you do the search in the mobile apps (sorry I should have provide you with the links https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1344132335) understood the concern but pictures in the deck view is actually quite important, is there any other ways we can speed up the loading. One of the reason for the slow reaction is possibly due to the fact that it tries to search for all the data in the database whenever I input a new letter, hence Iโ€™m wondering if itโ€™s possible to search the database after the user has input all the text in the search bar but not searching everytime they try to key in a letter tbar? Myๆจ“ on the App Store itunes.apple.com

Add that Usersetting feature as Praveen wrote and arrange a slice with that value. If you filter the data a lot, check what happens with the search.

The deck and table view do not lay out all the data initially (and so all the photos are not downloaded initially). They only are fetched in on demand (unless you have enabled offline content, which Iโ€™ll assume is not the case here). So that cannot be the explanation. Wrt dynamic filtering, we actually wait for a pause while typing the search term before filtering starts.

It should not work like that. How big your datasize is?

Wellโ€ฆ if you would use the security filter for your data that we discussed on another post, that will have better affect for your app than just a slice.

Simon_Chow
Participant II

Thanks guys, so is the only solution to this would be slicing the data?

Simon_Chow
Participant II

itโ€™s around 4-5K entries

That amount of data should not affect in that way. What is your app name and account ID if itโ€™s okay to look about it?

Simon_Chow
Participant II

of course, hereโ€™s the link to the app FYI, but iโ€™m afraid its only available

in chinese for now. Appreciate the help! appsheet.com - AppSheet AppSheet appsheet.com

I tested the app and I can see only very small delayโ€ฆ maybe 0.2โ€ฆ0.3 sec after typing. I believe this is the same app that you sent with another post. Could it be possible to use the view (table or deck) without photos. When your user opens the detail view, it will download the photo then (like one by one).

Simon_Chow
Participant II

Thanks for the testing, yes this is the same app I mentioned in the other post. The delay actually happens primarily when you do the search in the mobile apps (sorry I should have provide you with the links https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1344132335) understood the concern but pictures in the deck view is actually quite important, is there any other ways we can speed up the loading. One of the reason for the slow reaction is possibly due to the fact that it tries to search for all the data in the database whenever I input a new letter, hence Iโ€™m wondering if itโ€™s possible to search the database after the user has input all the text in the search bar but not searching everytime they try to key in a letter tbar? Myๆจ“ on the App Store itunes.apple.com

Add that Usersetting feature as Praveen wrote and arrange a slice with that value. If you filter the data a lot, check what happens with the search.

Top Labels in this Space