When we set Ref Type column, and user select ...

When we set Ref Type column, and user select from drop-down list.

Now we set this table (reference table) so that use can add, update and delete, for all the action.

So when the user goes to this column, then guided to drop-down list. On the top of list, “New” appears to guide user to enter new data which is not listed up within the drop down list.

We reminded user to “add” new data by clicking “new” and add to the reference table whatever newly they want so that they can select the same from the subsequent occasion. However, annoyingly, most of users are put data (which is not on the list) “directly” to the blank field on the top.

This end up with yellow triangle error mark on various place and view in the app, as such data is not meeting validation rule although use can enter the data.

Is there any possible protective measures users can only input the data which is on the drop down list when it come to Ref type of column?

0 8 1,183
8 REPLIES 8

When you choose the item from the dropdown, are you seeing label fields or the key column itself?

@Aleksi_Alkio Hi Aleksi, basically (most of the cases) I use the column which is set as key as well as label. (Key column = label)

If the Key column = label, you should not see any blank options in the dropdown. Are you seeing something like that?

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for advice.

It s strange. Yes, it appears as you said. I m not able to enter any ad-hoc data manually rather than selected items from the list. However, i m not sure how my end users are entering data which is not on the dropdown list. I have not been changing the column type, key, label of this table since before. But when i check the latest data, some data is with indication of yellow triangle, which is out of validation rule…

Is it possible that somebody has removed the “mother” record? If that is missing, it will show the same alert.

What does ‘mother record’ mean?

I mean the record which is related to…

I got it. It is possible some user may delete the row (mother record) after they use the same row for entry data through Ref type.

Top Labels in this Space