When you have a child table that needs to con...

When you have a child table that needs to contain multiple rows for every parent table row (referenced by key value, with automatically created ref_rows reverse reference column), is there some trick to getting the empty inline list to show up on a form view for the parent table?

Iโ€™ve got it setup on another set of tables, but I canโ€™t figure out what Iโ€™m doing wrong, or not doing, for a new set of tables.

Some photos: 1. The form from the existing and working table set, notice the big โ€œNewโ€ button under โ€œInventory Adjustmentsโ€, thatโ€™s what I want on my new form. 2. The form for the new set of tables, missing the empty Inline view, or the โ€œNewโ€ button. 3. If I create an invoice without child rows, then click on the Detail view of it, I get the empty inline view where I can add stuff, which means the refs are working.

0 2 365
2 REPLIES 2

As is fairly typical, I realized the solution a few minutes after my head hit the pillow.

The ref column of the child table needs the IsAPartOf value set to โ€œTrueโ€.

As in described here:

help.appsheet.com - References Between Tables References Between Tables help.appsheet.com

Correct

Top Labels in this Space