Where are photos taken with the app offline s...

Where are photos taken with the app offline stored in the cell phone, when you can´t save the form?

Prototypeing an app. Still full of problems. Made the error of taking half the photos of an inspection in the app while the rest I used a portable camera plus a paper form.

After taking the necessary photos both at the app and camera, I decided to save the form, so I could upload the photos to the computer, redo the form in paper, so I can work on the app later (it’s too confusing and complicated to use yet)

To my surprise, it told me the table did not allow saving new entries. Found a computer on site, logged in and indeed, for some reason that table had turned into a UPDATE ONLY.

I made it UPDATE, NEW and DELETE. And saved the change.

But on the cell phone, the open form still can´t save. And I guess it wont until I close it and lose all the photos inside and THEN re-synch the app?

Also, while I DID copy the questions to the paper spreadsheet so I wouldn´t lose the answers, I entered my phone gallery but the photos are not there either.

But the photos do appear inside AppSheet, so I would think that Appsheet saved them on the phone ROM or SDCard memory, not only on it’s RAM…

0 3 401
3 REPLIES 3

tony1

@Rogerio_Penna Can you try putting your app into Recovery Mode (https://help.appsheet.com/troubleshooting/debugging-your-app/errors-during-sync) and then syncing your changes? The photos are not directly available in memory. Errors During Sync help.appsheet.com

too late. The phone battery run out before I saw this post and I lost the photos. Oh well… living and learning.

However, I must say I don´t remember ever setting that table to “update only”.

And I noticed before some tables set as Update Only.

Does Appsheet makes some tables Update Only for one reason or other?

tony1

@Rogerio_Penna I’m sorry that you lost the photos. But weren’t they there, unsynced, when you reopened the app?

Tables shouldn’t switch update modes on their own. When you initially add the table to your app, AppSheet makes an informed guess about what the update mode should be.

Top Labels in this Space