White Label App to Android and Apple store

Hi,

I’m trying to white-label my app to Android and Apple store.

Has anyone else tried to do this recently? Any guidence or advice would be much appreciated!

I need step by step guide

Many thanks

1 9 1,420
9 REPLIES 9

EIG

I have white labeled many apps on Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. My first advice is that you should avoid doing this unless it really is truly needed. It is so easy and quick to just have the users install the app through the AppSheet install link (They will have to install the AppSheet app though).

The Play Store is manageable once setup, you can get an app on the store in about 4 hours. I have had a 100% success rate with Google. The App Store is completely different. I have had about a 20% success rate at getting through Apple’s rules and audits to actually make it to the store and each attempt took around 2 weeks of back and forth with Apple.

If you still want to attempt this, I would start here:

seems impossible, i tried too

@OliverPorter , it is not impossible but it is a huge amount of work. You will probably spend 10 to 20 times more work getting them released onto each store then you spent creating the app in the first place. Especially with Apple, there is just so many hoops that you have to jump through to even get an account setup that will allow you to release apps. Then you still have to also go through the painful process of getting that app approved. Again, not impossible, just very painful and slow.

I think this part is key:

There are a really low ammount of reasons to white label app.
The only real reason for me for example to do so would be to reduce the ammount of data that is needed to be updated online vs offline (so, to speed up things) BUT that’s not how AppSheet While Label apps works. From my experience, they are just a fancy way to enter to your app instead of a full independent app. You get the same results having the app shortcut on android or iOS.

I think that just public apps that would be very beneficial for general use should be published as White Label

I agree 100% with @EIG. Budget 10-20 hours to get it on Apple and 1-2 to get on Google. Thats even if you’ve done it before. Also note:

• The appsheet onstructions and video are 2-3 years out of date and nothing is where they say it is in apple
  • You’'ll need an Apple PC/Laptop and an iPad/iPhone to get it on Apple
  • Also the PC/Laptop will need to be fairly new (< 3years old) to upload the App to Apple since you’ll need a recent version of the OS to use the latest version of Xcode
  • Note that with Apple, once its uploaded, you can’t really change the appstore listing. The 20 hours I’ve just spend getting an App called “Barnsley Live” listed was ‘just’ to change the app logo. This meant I have to create a whole new app version and go through all the sumission process

If I sound bitter… thats because I’d rather spoon my own eyes out that list another App with Apple. Apart from the first bullet point though, the Appsheet bit is fairly easy to do.

Simon@1minManager.com

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could share a link to a Google or Apple Store app that was created in AppSheet. I would like to create an app with the purpose of distribution and monetization via app stores but I still haven’t seen any examples of apps made here on the stores. Thanks in advance

It’s not worth it IMHO

Still curious if anyone has managed to successfully upload their appsheet app to the stores:)

Top Labels in this Space