Why do the change timestamp columns need to b...

Why do the change timestamp columns need to be in every slice?

I’ve created 4 apps that all use the same source tables but the apps are being customized to the different users so I don’t want to show some fields in one app while showing them in another but all the slices keep adding back in the change columns.

annoying.

Is there a way to get a date/timestamp based on a certain field without having it automatically populate just because the form was opened?

0 4 983
4 REPLIES 4

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, do the columns have any special settings (for instance, are they part of a computed key)? Also, what are the names of the relevant apps, tables, and columns?

Harry2

@Tammi_Canelli Hi Tammi, after checking our code, I can confirm that change columns (Change Timestamp, Change Counter, and Change Location) must be included in a slice if the slice allows changes (adds and updates). As a result, if you remove these columns from a slice, they will automatically be added back in, and the editor will display a warning in the Info > Errors tab. Instead of removing the change columns from the slice, you can hide them instead.

Thank you.

I will hide them.

No special settings that I can see.

I have the following apps, all using the same Registration table and Evacuation Record table.

The apps each have slices relevant to the function:

MDP Outbound Calls MDP Evac Centers MDP Transport MDP Registration MDP Triage

The Evacucation Record table contains the Ref column back to the Registration Table.

The evac record is where all the date/time stamps are needed for:

Call Complete timestamp Transportation status TO timestamp Transportation status HOME timestamp Checked In timestamp Checked Out timestamp

I had to remove the =NOW() because each time the record was opened all the timestamps populated so I wanted to do a change timestamp that is based on the specific action; however, making the fields Change Timestamp added all these fields to each apps unique form.

Top Labels in this Space