Why is my data shifted over to the right one ...

Why is my data shifted over to the right one column? It’s picking up all my column headers but the data is shifted over one for some reason.

0 9 434
9 REPLIES 9

That is the automatically generated Unique ID column by AppSheet; you can manually remove that from the table’s column structure and consider another column as Key column; you must have a key column in each table in order for AppSheet to be able to properly update, delete records.

I recommend reading this article: http://help.appsheet.com/data/keys/what-is-a-key

I’m generating a Unique ID by combing the Repair Order and Operation row entries. This is not a system generated Unique ID. I can’t remove it from the table’s column structure because i use that for my tool functionality.

I still don’t understand why it is shifting my Unique ID entry to the right and populating it under the Repair Order column.

You said it was not system generated and you were using it, so does that mean you have that in the actually spreadsheet in a different location, and it shows up on the left side of Repair Order column only in the app?

The way it shows in the photo is exactly how i have it set up in my spreadsheet. Except in my spreadsheet it has all the data under the headers shifted one column to the left. Which is how it is supposed to be.

@RezaRaoofi For some reason, AppSheet is not corresponding the data with the correct column header. AppSheet is registering my data shifted one column to the right. As shown in the photo.

Am I confusing AppSheet by calling that column Unique ID and using my own ID?

No, I haven’t seen such confusion from AppSheet! Have you tried to regenerate column structure? It should re-allign columns structure in the app with your current spreadsheet’s column headers.

@Edgar_Butron You have probably added new column to the beginning of your spreadsheet but the device is using either an older version (where that column is not present) or you have’t regenerated the column structure as @RezaRaoofi proposed.

Top Labels in this Space