Why is this virtual column not showing in the table or detail view?

I have a virtual column called “Writing” in a Users table with the “Number” type. The formula is as follows: COUNT(FILTER("Stories", [Assigned writer] = [_thisrow].[_computedkey]))

The “Show” checkmark is ticked.

I want this virtual column to show up in a table view for Users. However, while the column appears, the data doesn’t show up either in the table view or the User details view. It does appear in the edit User view, however.

It doesn’t seem like there’s a problem with the formula, because when I change it to something generic, like 1, it still doesn’t appear.

1 3 1,490
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Is your table view configured with an explicit column list?

Similarly, is your detail view?

Are you using slices?

@Terence_Lee Did you ever figure this out? I had the same problem. I created a new virtual column, and it TESTED correctly with green checkmark, but when displaying the field in a List or Card, the field contents was black. You need to go to the Data / Columns / Regenerate Structure and confirm. This actually walks through the data and generates the calculated values from the Virtual Columns. This is what fixed the problem for me.

So to add to what @Steve said. If your using a slice then checkout the column list. If you create a slice then add columns later these new columns are automatically hidden.

Another possibility is that you are in a detail view and this column is blank.

Hope this helps

Simon@1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space