Why wouldn't a workflow for changes in differ...

Why wouldn’t a workflow for changes in different tables work?

I have two tables [Daily Census] and [Admission]

I made two actions for daily census 1. Update [Daily Census] with count() function with referrence to [Admission]. 2. Get the Date to Update in [Daily Census] to select the column with corresponding date today() then followed by the action on #1 Update the selected date

Now when making the workflow that would trigger if there are any changes made on [Admission] and set it to data change, I can’t

find the action Get the Date to Update.

Hope someone can help

0 5 753
5 REPLIES 5

@WhiteCrow_MD

Forgive me if I misunderstand you.

If the data change is being triggered by a change made to the Admission table, then you must select one of the actions defined against the Admission table.

If you want to trigger an action on the Daily Census table when an Admission table record is changed, then you need to define an action on the Admissions table of type “Execute an action on a set of rows”. In that action’s, target table specify “Daily Census”. In that action’s “referenced action” specify the name of one of the actions defined against the “Daily Census” table.

In other words, the “Execute an action on a set of rows” action is the way you can get an action on one table to trigger an action on another table.

If you want to perform two or more actions on the “Daily Census” table then define a “Composite” action against the “Daily Census” table that invokes you two child actions.

The following article describes this in more detail. See help.appsheet.com - Changing Data from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report Changing Data from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

Still not working

@WhiteCrow_MD

Can you provide: 1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The workflow rule name 4. Describe the problem more fully 5. Describe the exact steps to reproduce the problem

1. 321932 2. General Surgery VSMMC 3. Update In-Patient 4. It would not return the value of count(). 5.

There are two tables [A] and [B]. I want the application to update [B] if there are any changes made on [A] but to a selected row only which is the row with the date Today(). [A] contains numerous data on column [2] with corresponding dates on [A].[3]. So I want a workflow to be triggered if there are any changes on [A], to look for the row [1] in [B] with the date today and then update the specific colum of that row [B].[2] with a value of count ([A].[2]).

The workflow should be triggered if there is any change from [Admission] with a reaction to Change Data that triggers an action under [Admission] named “Daily In-Patient”. The action “Daily In-Patient” would execute an action on a set of rows under [Daily Census] which is selected by Select() and is the date Today() with an effect to trigger another action under [Daily Census] which is “Update In-Patient”. Action “Update In-Patient” should check if the row on the [Date] is Today(), if so it will trigger an action to set the value of a column to the count().

Thank you, i hope I make sense.

Top Labels in this Space