Why wouldn't Select() expression show the sam...

Why wouldn’t Select() expression show the same result as Ref_Rows()?

I am trying to make a virtual column with a list with conditinal expression, I tested the ref_rows() and I found that it serves the function of Select(). Since I want a conditional listing, I made an expression out of Select().

Select (Admission[Name],

AND([Surgeon]=[Name],

[Histopathology]=Yes,

Isblank([Histopath Number]),

Isblank([Histopathologic Report])

) )

Verify says it is Ok, but doesn’t seem to give the correct ouput. Thank you

0 3 324
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @WhiteCrow_MD,

You have mentioned REF_ROWs expression that typically resides in parent table in a parent-child reference relationship.

Thus could

you please add,

if you have this VC and its expression are in the parent table ? Is Admission a child table? Are all the columns mentioned in the expression reside in the child table?

I have two tables… Admission = data of patients with corresponding surgeon Doctors = data of surgeons, to which I want to populate a list of patients from the admission table. I have an auto generated VC, which has ref_rows() in the app formula and works properly in listing all patients assigned to a specific surgeon.

Thank you. You may wish to try the following expression. The expression assumes the VC is in Doctors table and all columns in expression are in Admission table except [Key Column of Doctor table]

Also request you to include “Yes” instead of Yes against

[Histopathology],

if the column collects data in Yes/No text format in back end table. Else if the column collects data in TRUE/FALSE text format, please use condition [Histopathology]= TRUE

Select (Admission[Name],

AND([Ref Column Name in Admission Table]=[_THISROW].[Key Column Name in Doctor Table],

[Histopathology]=“Yes” ,

Isblank([Histopath Number]),

Isblank([Histopathologic Report])

) )

Top Labels in this Space