Will AMP be available soon?

@prithpal
@Dan_Bahir

Recently I have seen several demo videos using AMP. Also, in my reading of their explanations, I see expressions like it is available at the moment.

Is there any plan to make AMP available to the general public in the near future?

4 29 1,094
29 REPLIES 29

@Harsh_Ch

We watched this movie few times and followed the guide precisely tobtest GAS integration. But there is not action beside twilio integration part. This test and beta integration is yet available or something is going wrong ?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, this was announced at Google I/O recently. We plan to roll this feature out by the end of this quarter.

Thanks @prithpal,
Weโ€™ll start thinking about use cases with AMP now so that we can improve the UX experience for Workspace users.

Hey @Takuya_Miyai Iโ€™d be interested in hearing more about the use cases you have in mind for AMP emails. What do you think will be your most common use cases to apply them and for what types of apps? Same for @tsuji_koichi if you have any thoughts to share!

Is this to suggest AppSheet doesnโ€™t already have use-cases for AMP emails despite ongoing development?

We do have use cases that weโ€™ve collected from early interviews and customer conversations, but I specifically want to hear from some of our power users from the community.

1.I have a client that has 400 users, If I can use the AMP to send each user an email with forms to fill, perhaps i can avoid all 400 users to be app users which will save a large amount of money.

1. Leads interaction - I can send an email to a potential client, show them data, pictures etc. and ask them to reply within the email, a great way to interact.

2. Ecommerce like site - we can send an email that has a gallery view of items, the recipient can then add to a shopping cart and checkout

those are some of my use cases

Any possible type of use cases, where you need to ask somebody to change the data through the email.

Typical use case where you ask someone to ask for approval. Send email to someone (approver), then he/she receives it. Without opening up app, they can approve or disapprove, or reject whatsoever just on email body. Fancy.

Thanks, @tsuji_koichi โ€“ weโ€™ve heard about approval use cases a lot โ€“ do you have specifics in terms of what types of approval apps do you most commonly build that could use this feature? (document approvals, budget/expense approvals, project management, etc.)

The capabilities of Appsheet is unlimited.

It is upto what you want.

For those AMP type of new features, you can utilize for the case where you need to change the data.

The process for approvals is just one of example.

The beauty of appsheet is to be able to accomodate what you want.

In the meantime, we have to be aware that this AMP is only available for users for Google workspace (Gmail).

If you sent AMP made email to someone whose email plaform is something else, like Outlook, it wont work.

Sorry, I m derailing from dicussion.

When our customers are asking what AppSheet can do, we are always saying that is silly question, just because the bevelopment of app with AppSheet is always to come with the point, what you want?

Before we scrutiny what AppSheet can do, we need to know what you want on our business.

Based on my past experience, 98 pct of business requirements are filled by AppSheet.

Thats why the question in terms of what AppSheet can do is bit silly to me, but better to start with question what you want to solve your own business problems. As the solutions is are out there with AppSheet

No worries, I appreciate the context and we love hearing how AppSheet is able to support the diversity of business needs for your customers!

To be more specific: we know what AppSheet can do and that it can be the solution to a lot of business processes, Iโ€™m particularly interested in โ€œwhat are the most common business problems/use cases your customers have where you would like to use AMP emailsโ€. This will help us think about ways to position and raise awareness of the feature so it makes the most sense for authors.

Without availability of this AMP features, we are appealing to our (both existing and possible) customers that we are able to manipulate data on email (Google mail) as well as without opening apps.

This is one of the deeper integration with Google Workspace, and one of the huge gains AppSheet became a part of GCP.

But this is what we believe, but the hands on testing will support our belief, as we only see this on brief YOUTUBE.

Unfortunately, no additional info is given by Google, which is frastrating to us, even we asked for question, when it comes alive.

@tsuji_koichi totally understand, we feel your frustration and weโ€™re hoping to have an update to share soon. stay tuned!

Interesting, if you or other folks from the community see customers perking up with interest around specific use cases (not in the abstract like โ€œdynamically update data in emailโ€, but more specific like โ€œdocument approvalsโ€ or โ€œhiringโ€ or โ€œproject updatesโ€), please let us know. This would be quite useful for us to hear!

A bonus feature could be using the location of the email responder (when using a mobile phone), another use case would be allowing the user to add a comment in a field alongside with the approve/decline option

ฤiแปu nร y thแบญt tuyแป‡t vแปi!

Any release date annouced? @prithpal

@davizard no date has been announced yet. Weโ€™ll make a formal announcement when itโ€™s ready.

Hiโ€ฆ Any update on this? Do we have any tentative dates when it will be available?

@Mitul_Vanasiwala please see the note above.

Hรดm nay ฤ‘รฃ lร  5/8/2021 chแปฉc nฤƒng nร y ฤ‘รฃ cรณ lแป™ trรฌnh ra mแบฏt chฦฐa?
Tรดi rแบฅt quan tรขm.

leluyen1205
Participant II

Chแปฉc nฤƒng nร y bao giแป thรฌ cรณ vแบญy?. Tรดi ฤ‘ang rแบฅt quan tรขm.!

Hi @csy,

Thank you for asking us for our input.
And we understand how important concrete use cases are in system development.

However, I have the same opinion as @tsuji_koichi , and I donโ€™t think it is optimal to list specific use cases here.

I recognize that AppSheet is a PaaS, so if I were to request AMP functionality, it would be for โ€œany communication that occurs in the businessโ€.

If it was SaaS, I would have provided more business-oriented use cases, but at this stage, that would be misleading.

Again, I am well aware of the importance of specific use cases in development.
However, I think that releasing it as a standard feature first, and then getting feedback from our community users on their use cases, will lead to wider development of AppSheet.

Best regards,

@Takuya_Miyai no worries, appreciate your thoughts here!

Speaking for myself, I find anchoring on concrete use cases to be important even when building platform features, to avoid situations where you end up building a technology in search of a problem (then we end up with more platform bloat over time, which has a cost). Youโ€™re right in that itโ€™s important to not over-specialize for platform features, and weโ€™ll certainly be keeping that in mind.

Hi @csy

I was very happy that they thought we knew the use cases and asked questions about them.

I believe the AMP feature is the ability to embed any View into an email template. If my understanding is correct, I am sure there will be many use cases generated by the standard feature alone, and I look forward to it.

However, there is one feedback that is sure to come up.

Customer X: I wish I could use it with Outlook Mail.
Ours:

But Iโ€™ll work with Google Sales on this and try to get them to migrate to Workspace.

Much appreciated! Yes, compatibility with other email providers will definitely be a challenge. Thank you for helping us push for cohesive experiences for customers!

Thank you all for your feedback and patience!

We just added Dynamic Emails (also known as AMP emails) for the Preview Program today! You can check out the announcement thread for more information on the feature and its usage. Looking forward to hearing more of your feedback

Regarding app users:

Dynamic Email users will still count towards app usage and user licenses. All the notes and limitations are also listed on the newly live Dynamic Emails help center article.

Please feel free to ask any questions in the announcement thread or message me directly!

Top Labels in this Space