Will Appsheet work on my Android Wear 2.0 sma...

Will Appsheet work on my Android Wear 2.0 smartwatch?

1 8 753
8 REPLIES 8

Probably not because the UI presentation is different for a smartwatch. Actually, two years ago, we had an internal project that could project an AppSheet app onto an Android smartwatch. But there wasnโ€™t any customer interest, so we didnโ€™t carry it forward.

Dear Pravse, is there any update on this front? I think some years passed and maybe some new devices is compatible. I think that it is hard to think that it would not be a great thing... even if I don't know how heavy it would be to make it compatible it would be, for example, absolutely useful in many industrial application (e.g. warehouse apps where to be faster I use small bluetooth barcode reader and the smartphone but it is not ergonomic because the operator has both hands busy and cannot manage things).

I know nothing about smarty watches, but I can say with some confidence there've been no changes in AppSheet to support smart watches.

Notifications will work, at least they do on my Apple Watch...Links within won't do anything, though.

Any update on creating an interface with smart watches? They have become so prevalent these days (especially Apple Watches) it sure would be great to be able to fill out simple forms from a watch.

@praveen I guessed not, but I just wondered how it would work if you did, and was your project โ€˜usableโ€™ on an Android smartwatch?

I think that smartwatches in field service and police apps will be tendency

As long as you've got a web browser on your watch, it will work.

Though the interface is extremely limited due to it's size.  I was able to put together an interface that worked pretty well with a floating action button to get into a form where I could fill out details.  Worked rather well actually; with the primary input on my watch set to voice, as soon as I dropped into a text field the voice dialogue appeared so I could immediately start speaking.   The date and time modals for my watch were kinda crappy, but they worked.

• All and all, if you wanted to integrate a smart-watch capability into your AppSheet app, it would take some specific customization for the watch.  And since the watch doesn't have that much power, you can't have a very complex app or it might crash.  

But it's doable!

Top Labels in this Space