Word Cloud Search

Bahbus

Hi all,

I couldn’t think of a better title. I’ve seen from time to time people looking for some sort of ability to have tags on something like an article, and then be able to select one or more tags and see what results come back. I decided to tackle that today.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Sample-App?appGuidString=ebf55459-def6-478f-b065-c50175ab0084
Edit: Proper sample app now.

This is not a perfect implementation as I found a bug of sorts trying to do this initially, but it works.
In my example I use 3 tables: Tags, Articles, and Search.

Articles contain many Tags and one reference back to Search. The reference was needed to get around the bug I found, and shouldn’t get in the way even at large scale.

Search is a single line table featuring an EnumList with a Valid_If back to Tags.

Lastly, there is a slice that uses INTERSECT() to determine what articles you want to see.

Thoughts, questions, concerns?

8 5 656
5 REPLIES 5

Dave,

Is there a way to download and copy your app so I can look and learn from how you impemented it? I need to do something similar. Thanks.

Bahbus

My apologies, I thought I had the options set up for that already. Should be able to see it now!

No problem. I’m getting it now and will dive into it later this morning. Appreciate it.

Hi Bahbus,

It seems the data is no longer accessible: "Error: Failed to read data 'WordCloud-1054599:1.000056:Search' because: The app's access token needs to be updated. Please ask the app owner to log out of AppSheet and then log in again via Microsoft to update the access token."

Any chance you would have a moment to fix it?  Helping a friend with a toy app that would let his non-computer-savvy friends filter some data.

Thanks!

Hi Bahbus,

I discovered that Google Data Studio will easily do everything my friend wants.  Hopefully you didn't spend much (or any) time on my request!  Not sure if it would be helpful for others...

Thank you!

Neal

Top Labels in this Space