Workaround until Gantt Chart View comes

Jerry_Lan
Participant V

Hi all,

I created this workaround Gantt Chart View. It is actually a table with columns Aug,Sep until Jun next year as virtual columns. Each VCs has a related formula. For example, for September, currently I am using the following formula:

if(And([Start Date Booked]<“02/Sep/2020”,[End Date Booked]>“1/Sep/2020”),“Worker master Current_Images/1.Picture.094659.png”,"")

1.Picture.094659.png gives the blue bar

Please set to column type to ‘thumbnail’. Image type did not work when I tried.

Cheers
-j- erry
AppVantageS

22 10 1,657
  • UX
10 REPLIES 10

Is a Gantt view in the pipeline?

@TDhers
It’s not short term…

LeventK
Participant V

@Jerry_Lan
What’s the image property for that 1.Picture.094659.png?

Good question @LeventK! It is thumbnail. I tried Image but image did not load for some reason. An exclamation mark error appeared. Not sure why at that time. Let me update my post accordingly.

What a creative concept!! Well done!

Thanks! I use your QREW tool and follow you on Youtube @Stefan_Quartemont

Adm_Tech
Participant III

Hello, Jerry,

where did you put the image file?

Regards!

Hi, how are you? @Jerry_Lan  I have the same question, where did you put the image file? What is "Worker master Current_Images/"?

Hi Jerry,

Thanks to your reply!

Do you have any other idea!

Regards!

Mohammed

Nice idea.  I made something for an app of mine that uses the scatterplot function in QuickChart.  It's not exactly at  Gantt type but does plot data on different levels according to time.  I'm pretty sure something that looks more like a Gantt chart could be made with it, but the numbers of layers (levels?) should probably not be too great.  Here's what the chart in my app looks like:

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 13.12.40.png

The "Session numbers" are analogous to days.  I made the red bars vertical to mark specific points in time in which an event occurred but I could have made horizontal bars to show duration, I think. 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Using-QuickChart-in-your-apps/m-p/255219/highlig...

Top Labels in this Space