Workflow action says completed successfully in audit logs but task did not actually complete

I have a workflow that processes when a user presses a button: it creates several files and attaches them to an email, sends the email, updates the status of the existing record, and finally updates the status of a related record.

The related record update has a sporadic issue. It’s a “Data: execute an action on a set of rows” type action and for the most part, works consistently. Sometimes it appears the action doesn’t run when all other components of the workflow run fine. In this case, I ran the audit trail and can see the action reads it ran successfully - but when I look at the table the data was not updated causing issues operationally - data visible that shouldn’t be.

How can this happen? Is it a sync issue? Posting to Google Sheets type problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as we’ve been dealing with this one for weeks. Thanks so much.

0 7 94
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

My guess would be the action’s Related Rows expression produces an empty list (i.e., it identifies no related rows), or produces a list of values that don’t correspond to the key column values of any rows of the referenced table.

It’s what I thought as well but I can see the timestamped data was available at the time the action ran.

Is there any chance you have security filters to the table?

none

Sure I only suspect you might encountering BOT timeout issue as your entire bot takes time to finish each steps , better to ask support desk to investigate.

You data action placed at the last step should not have dependency to the earlier steps. Then before you ask support desk, why don t you test with 2 x separated BOT with same trigger.

One bot do file generation and rest to do data change.

Top Labels in this Space