Workflow Condition

Hi, I’m trying to create a workflow that will change the status of my assets depending on which location I’m moving them to. I have three tables, Assets, Locations, and Asset Movement Log. The asset movement log is a simple [Which Asset] column and a [To what location] column. I have a good workflow that changes what Location the Asset is at based on this however I’m trying to make a workflow that changes depending on where I move it to. For example, when I move an Asset to a Location in the field I want the Asset status to be “Deployed” but when I move an Asset to a storage Location I want the Asset status to be “Available”. I have a Type column in the Locations table that says if they are in the field or storage. I would think that I’d set an ‘If this is true’ statement for the workflow like,
Lookup([To what location],Locations,Location key,Location Type)=“Field”
and then have a change data action that changes the Asset status to Deployed (This part works, it’s the condition of when to do it that I’m struggling with. And then I figure I would make a separate workflow that says the same thing but checks if the …Location Type)=“Storage”.
Right now my If condition for the workflow seems to be getting ignored.
Any advice here?

Solved Solved
0 1 247
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I made a solution by adding an un-shown virtual column to the Asset Movement Log that Looksup if the Location is Field or Storage and then have my workflow’s IF condition reference these.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I made a solution by adding an un-shown virtual column to the Asset Movement Log that Looksup if the Location is Field or Storage and then have my workflow’s IF condition reference these.

Top Labels in this Space