Workflow deep links to whitelabel ios app Wo

Workflow deep links to whitelabel ios app

Workflow deep links (email) don’t seem to work with a whitelabel ios app.

The link instructs you to download appsheet, when the whitelabel app is already installed.

Besides creating a custom URL scheme and altering the ios files, is there any way to get this to work?

Solved Solved
0 10 885
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Rosemary_Black ,
I know this is an old topic but I’d still like to address it for any future users in a similar situation. In order to use a deep link to open your white label app, you want to use this as the url:

appsheet-[app_id, this is long guid]://#view=MyView

just replace the app_id with your app’s id and direct to the given view of interest, you may also add other identifiers as well like #view=MyView&row=somerow just like a normal deep link. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Are you able tho give us more details about the issue?

@Aleksi_Alkio Of course, what else do you need to know?

For example could you describe what did you do like step by step.

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes.

For example, My email template in Docs has this link in it, which works beautifully for linking on web or non-white labeled AppSheet on ios or android.

<<HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE( "https://www.appsheet.com/start/e4dc0768-55d0-40c9-bf12-a30985a14855#appName=ZRG-592721-683210&page=d...],”&sort=%5B%5D&table=Assigned+Interviews”),”Click here to complete this interview in ZRG app”)>>

However, on ios, without AppSheet installed, and just the whitelabel app, it takes you to the web, or an option to download or open AppSheet in the app store.

Is there a specific way for me to set up deep links so that they will open in the whitelabel app?

@Aleksi_Alkio Any ideas?

This is really important for my client.

I am trying to avoid having to set up a custom url scheme in xcode if there is already something set up for this function

Hi @Rosemary_Black ,
I know this is an old topic but I’d still like to address it for any future users in a similar situation. In order to use a deep link to open your white label app, you want to use this as the url:

appsheet-[app_id, this is long guid]://#view=MyView

just replace the app_id with your app’s id and direct to the given view of interest, you may also add other identifiers as well like #view=MyView&row=somerow just like a normal deep link. Hope that helps!

Hi @Joshua_Aldrich and Community,

This solution is great - and I have managed to get a deep link (in email) to open a white labelled iOS App. However, I can’t work out how to get it to go to a specific view and row. It works fine to open the app to the start screen.

It seems the “://” following the long app_id ends the link? (and I can’t get it to work when placing the “://” after the #view=MyView&row=somerow part…

Could you possibly post and example of this type of link with a view and row number included?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Hey @Aleksi this is an old post, but wondering if you could take a look and advise re adding specific views to the deep link as per my earlier post in this thread?

Hi,

It does not seem to work anymore, can you post the exact URL we should use?

Thanks,

Hi there,
Let me dig up this thread again...
I have tried everything and there is currently no way (at least I do not see any) to create a deep link to the white-labeled mobile app.
Is anyone here who knows whether it is possible at all and if so how we can do it?
Thanks in advance!

Top Labels in this Space