Workflow - Deleted rows I have a workflow th...

Workflow - Deleted rows

I have a workflow that sends an email when a row is added. How might I go about setting a corresponding workflow that sends an email if that same row is deleted?

0 11 373
11 REPLIES 11

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Do you have any other ideas that I might try to resolve this? @praveen

@Michael

Are you specifying the email Body or are you allowing workflow to construct a default Body?

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh I specify the body. What I donโ€™t know how to do is refer to this row (in the email body) when it is deleted.

@Michael

You want to retrieve the value of the field before it was deleted like this:

<<[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column Name]>>

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh No dice, this isnโ€™t workingโ€ฆ Email still comes back blankโ€ฆ???

IF you have time to look, the app is CrewCopy-285473. Workflows are Wood Pickup And Wood Pickup Cancel.

@Michael

Yes, you can invoke a workflow rule on delete.

Create a workflow rule and in the โ€œUpdate eventโ€ property specify โ€œDELETES_ONLYโ€.

If you need to further restrict when the workflow event is triggered, you can specify an expression in the โ€œConditionโ€ property.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh The initial workflow sends and email with details about the specific row that has been added. For example, an address in that row. The workflow email body would say โ€œA new job has been added at 123 This Road.โ€

When the delete workflow runs, I need the corresponding email to also include that address.

This workflow email should say โ€œThe job at 123 This Road has been canceled.โ€

Unfortunately the address is blank, "The job at

has been canceled."

Its as if the workflow rule detects the row deletion but does not pull the relevant information from the deleted row.

Phil will look into this tomorrow(Monday) when heโ€™s back in the office.

@praveen What! You mean some of you take days off? Totally unacceptable! :-), Just kiddingโ€ฆ Thanks Praveen.

@Michael

I am investigating now.

@Michael

I found a problem that I believe explains why your workflow rule was not working for Delete when using the OneDrive provider.

If testing goes well, the change will be released on Tuesday afternoon, Seattle time.

Top Labels in this Space