workflow email ques, does a condition need to...

L_T

workflow email ques, does a condition need to be written? so i can change the email address for different people i need to send depending. what does the condition start with. i only have one form but on send email in workflow it can only go to one place. but i need a choice to change email addresses somewhere without going back into the back end all the time.

0 28 573
28 REPLIES 28

+Lana Tieu

You can obtain the target email addresses from a field in a record. Where are your email addresses stored and how do the select the email address you want to send to?

L_T

some reason my post did not post

L_T

oh i had problems posting so i thought its easier to do sentence by sentence!

+Lana Tieu

I understand, but it will be easier if you put your answer in a single reply and then you give me time to respond.

Can you please describe what you are trying to achieve in more detail?

+Lana Tieu

I am here to help. Can you please describe what you are trying to achieve in more detail?

L_T

so i have one form that customers complete. once this done and they hit save then i need an email to be sent thru work flow.

BUT Workflow is fixed and i need it to be flexible.

so the only thing i can think of is to write a condition. but how do i make this condition?

the condition is: if it is in one country then the email needs to be sent there and if it originates from another country the same form needs to be sent to that country.

i only have one form okay so in the dropdown to select source its only that one form.

L_T

unless i go crazy and make individual forms 100x!

L_T

so how do i write my condition? and i quess i need new tabs in my sheet

+Lana Tieu

When the customer completes the form, how do you determine which country to choose? If there a field in the form that indicates the country?

L_T

currently no

L_T

so i need to get them to select country and this is how i can pick this column as my condition right

L_T

?

L_T

start again

L_T

if so how do i write it?

+Lana Tieu

Is there exactly one target email address per country?

L_T

yes

+Lana Tieu

Here is one way to do it.

1. Add a new worksheet to you workbook. It will contain the list of email addresses for each country. Call the new worksheet โ€œCountryEmailโ€. 2. In the โ€œCountryEmailโ€ worksheet, enter โ€œCountryโ€ in the header of the first column. Enter โ€œEmailโ€ in the header of the second column. 3. Enter country names and email addresses to fill in the new worksheet. 4. Open your app in the Editor and add the new โ€œCountryEmailโ€ worksheet as a table.

2. On the Data > Columns pane open the new โ€œCountryEmailโ€ table and make sure the โ€œCountryโ€ field is the key of the table. 6. Update your form to allow the user to enter a country name in a new field called โ€œCountryโ€. 7. In the Editor, open the table containing you form and make the new โ€œCountryโ€ field a โ€œRefโ€ to the โ€œCountryEmailโ€ table. When the user fills in the form, they will be asked to select one of the county names from your โ€œCountryEmailโ€ table. 8. In your workflow rule enter [Country].[Email] in the โ€œToโ€ property.This will take the value in the โ€œCountryโ€ field of your form and use that value to find the appropriate row in the โ€œCountryEmailโ€ table. It will then use the value in the โ€œEmailโ€ field of that row as the email address.

L_T

Sweeeeet cheers Phil

L_T

as Santiago would say โ€ฆโ€œlets check that of!โ€

+Lana Tieu

I did part of this from memory. Let me know if you run into any problems but the approach will definitely work.

L_T

yes i will try this out tm and i think it similar to an expression i used for another thing so hopefully this will do the trick!

L_T

so i have only one form n once its filled out and they hit save. i need a workflow thats gives me the option to choose between diff vendor emails

L_T

is this possible with a condition

L_T

and if so can u write the condition i need to make

L_T

in the workflow

L_T

so say if send to oranges then dont send to apples or vice verser

L_T

its really hard trying to explain what in need to do in writing do u guys have whatsapp i can call

+Lana Tieu Please slow down. You are making it very difficult to help you. I cannot keep up with the flood of posts.

Top Labels in this Space