Workflow Emails not picking up referenced fie...

Workflow Emails not picking up referenced fields

I have

a workflow that includes referenced fields in an email template. These fields show up correctly when testing the workflow but do not show in the email that is sent.

This was working recently and Iโ€™m not sure what I may have changed which has had this effect?..

As previously stated, the referenced fields show correctly when testing. I also created VCs in the primary table from which the workflow is run. The fields show correctly there and any views of this table. But, they are not in the email that is sent.

Any ideas that might point me the right direction of where to start looking would be appreciated.

0 16 369
16 REPLIES 16

Would you please show us example what formula is not working, thanks.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Expression using VCs:

Please have wood picked up at Location ID # <<[AccessLocationID]>>, Circuit <<[Circuit]>>, between pole addresses <<[Beginning Address]>> and <<[Ending Address]>>

When using references:

Please have wood picked up at Location ID # <<[AccessLocationID]>>, Circuit <<[AccessLocationID].[Circuit]>>, between pole addresses <<[AccessLocationID].[Beginning Address]>> and <<[AccessLocationID].[Ending Address]>>.

I opened your copy app and may I ask if you could add a new row (WoodStumps) with the โ€œnormalโ€ way. I can then follow your structure more easily when I can open that record from the audit history, thanks.

@Aleksi_Alkio Well something has changed on AppSheetโ€™s side I assume as I havenโ€™t worked on my apps all weekend. Logged in this morning to add the row as you requested andโ€ฆ the fields seem to be picked up and are now present in the email. However, thereโ€™s a new problem nowโ€ฆ

The app you have looked at is a copy of the primary application. The two are essentially identical. The COPY appโ€™s workflows work as intended, all required fields are present in the email that is sent.

The PRIMARY app works as well BUT the emails sent are duplicated. Two identical emails are sent rather than one. Any idea what might be triggering this behavior?

The primary app is VegCrew-285473 The copied app is Copy Crew-285473

I will check that after few hours.

You have the same email address in โ€œSend Toโ€ and โ€œCCโ€ fields. Thatโ€™s the same for all workflows.

@Aleksi_Alkio Donโ€™t you hate when you miss something SO OBVIOUS!!!

I when I first noticed the problem the app was live and I didnโ€™t want emails being sent to the intended โ€˜To:โ€™ recipient so, I replaced with my email address while I trouble shot the appโ€ฆ I forgot to change it backโ€ฆ

Thank you Aleksiโ€ฆ

Sometimes itโ€™s too close and you just donโ€™t find it.

Youโ€™re welcome.

They seem to be okayโ€ฆ Have you checked the Audit history? Manage > Monitor > Audit History > Get Audit history records

@Aleksi_Alkio I have checked the audit history which reports the workflow running successfully. However, the referenced fields are not present in the email that is sentโ€ฆ

Is it okay if I check your app? If yes, I would need to know the app name and account ID. Thanks.

@Aleksi_Alkio Yes, please do. CopyCrew-285473 Translate

Is it a live app?

@Aleksi_Alkio No, that is a copy of a live app. You can do whatever you like with it.

What is the workflow name?

@Aleksi_Alkio Start with Wood Pickup. They are all essentially duplicates with different If_True expressions.

Top Labels in this Space