Workflow empty tables Hi I have a workflow w...

Workflow empty tables

Hi I have a workflow with tables, i don’t want to print the headers if the table is empty, how can i achieve this?

0 6 356
6 REPLIES 6

I’m afraid that’s not possible at this moment. If there is no data, it will show the header. I will add this into our feature requests if it’s not already.

@Deep_Foundations @Aleksi_Alkio

This is the second time this issue has been raised in the past week.

I think it would be a fairly simple to entirely omit the embedded table from the workflow result when no embedded rows are present.

My concern about making this change is that it would change the current behavior. I wonder if other customers would object if I made this change?

Please feel free to weigh in with opinions.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh it’s a toss up - but I have feeling that a majority of users would prefer not to see the header

I believe Philip is correct… it’s very normal that you would still want to see the table even if there is no any value… for example for hand writing. How about an option where the creator can choose which one he wants to use with this workflow. If that could be possible it should be workflow or template specific.

@Aleksi_Alkio@Bellave_Jayaram@Deep_Foundations

The best solution might be to add a new ShowIf capability for workflow templates.

This is a more general approach which could be used anywhere in the template to conditionally include particular template elements.The syntax would be:

<ShowIf:showIfExpression1>

{One or more template elements} <ElseShowIf:showIfExpression2>

{One or more template elements} <ElseShowIf:showIfExpression3>

{One or more template elements} <>

{One or more template elements} <>

Where you can include zero or more “ElseShowIf:showIfExpression” clauses and you can include zero or one <> clause.

The embedded table could then be included only when one or more embedded records were present.

I like this idea

Top Labels in this Space