Workflow Generate PDF on Add if row is added directly in Google Sheets

Hi,
I am trying to automatically create PDF invoices when someone purchases a product.

I have a Google Sheet with a transaction table and I created a workflow to save a PDF in Google Drive when I add a new row via AppSheet.
But is it possible to generate the PDF when a new row is added in the Google Sheet directly and not via AppSheet?
I want to connect my online shop via Zapier with Google Sheets to add these transactions to the table automatically but when it does that, AppSheet doesnโ€™t create a PDF. It only works when I add a new row via AppSheet.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

1 10 1,556
10 REPLIES 10

Iโ€™m afraid it wonโ€™t trigger it. Scheduled report would work because itโ€™s triggered from server. Though it will trigger that PDF like once a day or few times per day.

Thanks for your fast response!
Is there a possibility to create a report only for rows that have been added after the last report?
Or maybe is there an option to send Zapier data to AppSheet so that the trigger is activated?

Yes, you can filter for example with the date value. Today it will generate todayโ€™s records.

Your Zap could invoke the AppSheet API to add the record to the table.
(Your Zap would do this in lieu of adding the record to the Google sheet directly.)

Adds, Updates, and Deletes performed through the AppSheet API invoke the workflow rules.

Though you would need to have Business plan for the Appsheet API.

Thank you @Aleksi and @Phil for your responses!
Is there an option to generate a PDF as a behaviour? So that I can manually create invoices from the AppSheet app? For example by triggering the workflow through pushing a button in the app?

Please check this article and maybe the other one as wellโ€ฆ

To add to Aleksiโ€™s excellent response.

Regarding โ€œSo that I can manually create invoices from the AppSheet app? For example by triggering the workflow through pushing a button in the app?โ€

See topic " Sending Email from an Action Button" in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961707-workflow

Thank you for all your answers and your help!

Hi @Francis_Rafal ,
Would it be possible if you could explain me how you did this process of creating a workflow to save a PDF of your google sheet document, every time a new row is added via AppSheets? I am triying to do exactly what you have already done and it will be really helpfull if you could help me

Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space