Workflow interaction. Can I have more than o...

Workflow interaction.

Can I have more than one workflow defined on the same table? If yes, is there some order in which the workflows are triggered?

I have two workflows defined on the same table but one of doesnt seem to be working. It has the following “If this is true” condition:

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Assigned To] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Assigned To]

Any ideas?

0 3 331
3 REPLIES 3

May I ask it doesn’t work in what way?

@Aleksi_Alkio Both workflows are supposed to trigeer actions on the same table, and update fields on the table. Workflow1 (working) updates the LastUpdated and LastUpdatedBy field with a timestamp and userid whenever a user changes another field in the record. Workflow2 (not working) is supposed to update the AssignDate field when the Assigned To field is changed.

Any update on this?

Ive checked and it does appear that two workflows defined on the same table do interfere with each other (AppSheet - feel free to correct me). Workflow1 should update the relevant fields (LastUpdated and LastUpdatedBy) whenever any other field in the record is changed. And this works, as long as the changed fields are not the ones being watched by Workflow2 (Assigned To). When Assigned To is modified, Workflow2 is triggered correctly and sets Assign Date, BUT, Workflow1 is not triggered as well.

Not a big issue (=we can work around it). But maybe in some situation it would more of a problem.

Top Labels in this Space