Workflow Issue

Terry1

I have a workflow that sends an email when records are added or changed. Everything works well except for one issue. The data from the column I set in the Workflow is being pulled from the wrong column.

In the app I have a column for a Route Name. The Route Name column is set up as a reference to another table that has all the route info, including the Route No, Route Name, Driver Name, Driver Phone, Driver Email, Route ID, etc.

In the workflow, I only want to see the data from the Route Name. But the emails received pulls the data from the Route ID, and not the Route Name.

Iโ€™ve tried many different things to make this work. Iโ€™ve nearly pulled all my hair out. This is the text in the body of the email of the workflow:

Below is the email that the workflow creates. The route should display a Route Name, not a number:

2X_e_ecf275a93e2ab3d5470186826d0123c96d3b7289.jpeg

0 5 349
5 REPLIES 5

If you check your database, what value is saved to your โ€œRoute nameโ€? Itโ€™s probably uniqueID value. And thatโ€™s because of your ID/Label columns.

Terry1

Hi Aleksi. Thanks for responding. Iโ€™ve examined the values of the column Route Name, both in the main table and the reference table and neither are set to UNIQUEID. I have the label in the reference table for Route Name set to on. Iโ€™ve messed with changing the label to other columns to see what would happen, but that didnโ€™t help. Iโ€™ve tried changing the Key in the reference table to see what would happen, and that didnโ€™t work either. Iโ€™m baffled.

I could check your app if itโ€™s okay for you. For that I would need to know your account ID, app, table and column name thanks.

Ok, great. Thank you, Aleksi. Here is the info:

Account ID: 396986
App Name: Gazette
Table Name: Gazette_Single_Copy and Routes_Single_Copy_REF
Column Name with Workflow Issue: Route Name

Hi Aleksi, I was just checking to see if youโ€™ve had a chance to look into this issue. Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space