Workflow not working for a using a lookup function

Hi Appsheet Dev Team,

I’ve created this workflow but it seems not working on a variable list of USEREMAILS().

Sending the screenshot below as well.

Thank you and hoping for a quick response.

0 6 230
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Do you get the results you expect when you use the Test button?

3X_5_3_539daab3259ff145acb4caec6f162651ce5418bb.png

Hi steve. The test yield a true return but my problem is, i want the workflow to be activated only if a column is updated with the desired value and only the user i specified updates the column.

Also, i have multiple workflow on a single row, so whenever there is an update on one column, it keeps sending emails for other workflows that were activated already. How do i prevent sending repeated emails?

Is that expected, or not?

That’s not what your expression tests. To check if the column values has changed, you’ll need to use _THISROW_BEFORE and _THISROW_AFTER:

You’ll need to find some way to indicate the email’s already been sent, then respond to that indicator.

Expected, but it still sends an email even if the active user is not what I specified in the workflow.

Hope you can share an expression for my desired outcome. [quote=“Steve, post:4, topic:30629”]
You’ll need to find some way to indicate the email’s already been sent, then respond to that indicator.
[/quote]

I’m really having hard time figuring this out… Maybe you can share a sample expression as well for this…

Thanks a lot steve

Try this:

AND(
  ("Complete" = [_THISROW_AFTER].[WBS_Status]),
  ("Complete" <> [_THISROW_BEFORE].[WBS_Status]),
  ("Budget Owner" = LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), "Glee Users", "User Email", "User Role"))
)

[_THISROW_AFTER].[WBS_Status] refers to the value of the WBS_Status column after the change that triggered the workflow.

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[WBS_Status] refers to the value of the WBS_Status column before the change that triggered the workflow.

Those two subexpressions effectively ask, “did WBS_Status change from something other than Complete to Complete in this change?”

Wow that works!!! thank you for saving me with additional stress!

Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space