Workflow Notification Attachment to JPEG

Hello,

I am creating a workflow and its processing correctly but the attachment is a PDF. Is there anyway to change the attachment from PDF to JPEG?

Thanks in advance!

0 17 524
17 REPLIES 17

You can attach a JPEG image file to an email as described in topic โ€œOther Attachmentsโ€ in this article https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/sending-email-from-a-workflow-rule-or-sche...

I am using a template via google docs. I am looking through the link you sent and it does not let me know how to do a template and make it a JPEG

Soโ€ฆ do you mean that you want to generate a JPEG report instead of PDF when sending the Workflow email? If thatโ€™s the case, Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s not possible at this moment.

Hi Aleksi, is it possible yet to generate a JPEG instead of a PDF for workflow emails?
Cheers
Craig

Hi Craig, Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s not directly possible with the Workflow right at the moment.

Tx Aleksi, do you know of a workaround I could look at?
Many Tx

@tsuji_koichi Have you seen any services that could generate this kind fo result?

The reason for the JPG is that my client needs to SMS the report directly to others mobiles who do not have access to emails. A link sent via SMS to a jpg or pdf would suffice.

There is a Zap but it goes through another app (ConvertAPI) which costs minimum $42/month USD. My client would not be up for that cost as the ROI would not be there for them.

Please keep in mind that I am in Australia and we donโ€™t have SMS Twilio that I am aware of.

Once you generate a report through appsheet workflow, then archive should be saved to the cloud service, meaning you will have the public URL to reach to that file. Then your client just sent this URL as SMS messages, and then the person who received SMS on the mobile hit the URL then it will open up your PDF report on the browser.

Is it not a solution with you?

I could not find a reason why you need a JPG file instead of PDF.

Yes Iโ€™m wondering the sameโ€ฆ

Thanks guys,
I appreciate the interest. My clients are engineers. The engineers go to a site and inspect. They are working directly from iphone and they need to provide instant reports to site contractors. Some personnel who receive the report on the site do not have access to their emails, hence the engineers then screen shot their reports and then txt them to the required personnel.

I was wanting to offer a single step solution that covers this current gap in their process.
They should be able to simply forward the pdf via messaging service.

Thanks again guys.

I understand your difficulties as I run few inspection app which is used in the field works. As I stated, then URL jumping to the saved PDF report should solve the issue nicely.
Good luck.

Thank you tsuji.
Cheers

Hi Aleksi,
In the past, I have been googling to find such as solution, to convert the PDF to JPG as a service.
The problem is the PDF file saved on the cloud is just a file not a WEB page which is based on HTML, therefore I tried some services which will take a screenshot of webpages, but PDF file is not a web page, all in all, I could not find any suitable solution to achieve this.

And they probably donโ€™t have direct access to your app?

Donโ€™t think they need it as I get a personal ZAP generated email to forward the report directly to, Zap then sends off to ConvertAPI and back to ZAP, then out from Zap to nominated email.

Not sure if this is helpful for anyone, but heres a screenshot of the Zap.

Top Labels in this Space