Workflow pagination, headers and footers

I’ll throw together an example app this morning.

1 Like

Oh Thank you very much! Deeply appreciated. :smiley:

@Jonathon: as always, the report example you have made is so creative - it demonstrates the full range of reports pagination possibilities. Thank you very much.

Heres a quick sample application with the basic idea for the community to reference:

Here is a link to the workflow template:

You can edit the scheduled report (set it to email you) and mess around with it.

7 Likes

Thank you very much! Appreciate this a lot.

Great job, i save it for furthers projects, but it’s not valid for my project that i need to save invoices containing many relations tables to the invoice table (table invoice lines with long text referenced to invoice, table list items with long text referenced to invoice lines and table hours referenced to invoice lines)
it’s not possible to calculate the number of lines to be listed

2 Likes

Hey Doni;

You are right, this method doesn’t work with inconsistent row heights. In most cases I have found ways to work around the problem of row height. Some examples:

• Avoid using LongText datatype for columns you want to use this method of pagination for. Alternatively, convert LongText to Text datatypes with a virtual column;
  • Use oversize rows that can accommodate multiple lines in the first place, so rows with little text are treated the same as rows with two or three lines of text; and
  • Use <<IF: LENGTH([comment])>100>> or similar statements to dynamically reduce font size where comments go beyond some certain threshold of length.

Hopefully this can help you!

1 Like

Hi Jonathon, at the end i solved it creating the reports using html template where i can control and repeat headers and footers in report print

If you like to see how i did it, i can send you a copy of my html template

Thank for all and regards
Toni Conde

1 Like

Sure Doni - if you’ve found a way to solve the issue of variable row heights, i’d be super curious! :nerd_face:

Was this done natively with AppSheet?

Same here!
HTML sure allow for some pretty cool things that can often be challenging to print. So I would be interested as well!

Me too please :slight_smile:

I would like to see how you did your HTML template as well. Thanks.

@Doni_Nvrro
Provided you can share an open source for your solution under this post, community members might get most benefit out of it. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Curiosity peaked.

yes, i did it with Appsheet and HTML styles. In screen view you can see all records in list with a header and a footer, and in print option repeat the header and footer in every page. it colud not be perfectly depurated, but solved my problem in reports

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HEum-WGRNjRxkMytIllD72c0GnkBpri5?usp=sharing

I upload the template html, css style and header and footer image.

In the template you can see
<<Start: [ID Factura].[Detalle Factura]>>
[Detalle Factura] was a related table of table workflow

[Horas Albaranes] and [Horas Materiales] are related tables of [Detalle Factura]

In expression <<IF(ISNOTBLANK([Cantidad]),[Total],"")>> you can se how i put the formulas in html template. all caracters must be converted to html
< > ( ) " " or caracters like ó é í

You must create a workflow using HTML

Goog Luck

3 Likes

And the output of this is a .pdf, or is it a .html page?

If its possible to style my documents directly with HTML / CSS and output them to .pdf this is a game changer. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

i’m not an expert in html, but maybe here could help us to convert html files in pdf directly.

We can do it !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this could be an option:

Save the HTML to Gdrive and send the URL to a microservice, https://github.com/esbenp/pdf-bot, running as a cloud function or on a server

2 Likes

Is there a way for the table to add columns as required just like you have it there for rows? I’ve had it working for rows before but am now stuck as I need to work for columns. See image below