Workflow pagination, headers and footers

Sure Doni - if you’ve found a way to solve the issue of variable row heights, i’d be super curious! :nerd_face:

Was this done natively with AppSheet?

Same here!
HTML sure allow for some pretty cool things that can often be challenging to print. So I would be interested as well!

Me too please :slight_smile:

I would like to see how you did your HTML template as well. Thanks.

@Doni_Nvrro
Provided you can share an open source for your solution under this post, community members might get most benefit out of it. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Curiosity peaked.

yes, i did it with Appsheet and HTML styles. In screen view you can see all records in list with a header and a footer, and in print option repeat the header and footer in every page. it colud not be perfectly depurated, but solved my problem in reports

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HEum-WGRNjRxkMytIllD72c0GnkBpri5?usp=sharing

I upload the template html, css style and header and footer image.

In the template you can see
<<Start: [ID Factura].[Detalle Factura]>>
[Detalle Factura] was a related table of table workflow

[Horas Albaranes] and [Horas Materiales] are related tables of [Detalle Factura]

In expression <<IF(ISNOTBLANK([Cantidad]),[Total],"")>> you can se how i put the formulas in html template. all caracters must be converted to html
< > ( ) " " or caracters like ó é í

You must create a workflow using HTML

Goog Luck

4 Likes

And the output of this is a .pdf, or is it a .html page?

If its possible to style my documents directly with HTML / CSS and output them to .pdf this is a game changer. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

i’m not an expert in html, but maybe here could help us to convert html files in pdf directly.

We can do it !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this could be an option:

Save the HTML to Gdrive and send the URL to a microservice, https://github.com/esbenp/pdf-bot, running as a cloud function or on a server

2 Likes

Is there a way for the table to add columns as required just like you have it there for rows? I’ve had it working for rows before but am now stuck as I need to work for columns. See image below

You can create table and columns using << Start >> expression in the table definition

< table >
< tr >
< th > Firstname < /th >
< th > Lastname < /th >
< th > Age < /th >
< /tr >
< /table >

< table >
< tr >
<<Start: ‘SELECT / FILTER / REF COLUMN’ >>
< th > [Column Name] < /th >
<< End >>