Workflow PDF not displaying ↑ ↓ → ← symbols

Hi, does anyone have any luck with getting ↑ ↓ → ← symbols to display in a PDF generated by a workflow?

0 7 414
7 REPLIES 7

Need a little more context. If these symbols are embedded within column values, I would expect they should print.

Yes the arrows are in a row, and they are displayable in the app, which is why I was surprised they did not export. Not surprised though that the poop emoji did not export, but shouldn’t ↑ ↓ at least?

2X_d_d4c0c98ed16f8dfe49669442f6e399d82a5a203a.png

2X_f_fa267f29349f26b2b7eb1cfee27c80f4d9cd2c42.png

My understanding is that the PDFs are generated by an external service, not by AppSheet directly. I suspect you might be best served by engaging support@appsheet.com directly with your question, as the answer might require digging into the internals.

Are the arrow values images or symbols in a font?

If the arrows are images, then those images need to be publicly accessible by the PDF Rocket service that converts the HTML document to a PDF file.

If the arrows are contained in a font, then that font needs to be accessible by the PDF Rocket service that converts the HTML document to a PDF file.Using custom fonts can be tricky. See https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2697053-troubleshooting-custom-fonts

These arrows are just symbols. The font used is Lato, which is a native Google Docs font, not a custom font.

Yes Ephry is helping me with this via support@appsheet.com but he’s giving me the same Troubleshooting page you provided me, @Phil but I’m not dealing with any custom fonts or images.

I suggest following the procedure described in topic “Verifying All Custom Fonts are Present” in the cited article.
Check whether “Lato” is listed in the Import Url.
If so, it is a custom font. Several of the included Google Docs fonts are actually custom fonts.

2X_9_904b022b7f7788f876aff85417e85314f8e53616.png

↑ (U+2191) is there. The bold form of “Lato” has this unicode within range as well.

Thanks for directing me to the section of the help topic, I didn’t know which one was the one addressing this issue. I hope we can resolve this issue. If it wasn’t for these symbol issues, I would be able to send some of my users the finished version of the PDF.

Top Labels in this Space