Workflow question - have a google doc templat...

Workflow question - have a google doc template that I want emailed only when the app status changes.

The rule is set for UPDATE_ONLY with the condition of [AppStatus]=“Complete -…”

the workflow is being triggered anytime an update is made to the record not specifically when the app status changes - how can I fix this?

0 8 439
8 REPLIES 8

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh can you use this type of expression for required if?

I tried the following but it’s telling me it can’t find the column _thisrow_before:

OR([_THISROW_BEFORE].[AppStatus] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus], [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus]=“Archived”, [_THISROW_BEFORE].[AppStatus] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus], [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus]=“Archived-No Response”, [_THISROW_BEFORE].[AppStatus] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus], [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus]=“Archived-Deceased”)

@Tammi_Canelli See topic “Compare the Before and After Values of a Column” in this article help.appsheet.com - Template Variables

Template Variables help.appsheet.com

If I understood that , then this will work:

AND([_THISROW_BEFORE].[AppStatus] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus], [_THISROW_AFTER].[AppStatus]=“Complete - Accepted (Evac Center)”)

@Tammi_Canelli

Looks right.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Thanks - it worked!

Things are starting to come together

i want to make the related comments table required if someone archives a record…

@Tammi_Canelli

[_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER] only make sense in workflow when doing an add, update, or delete. Only then do we have before and after values to compare.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

ok thanks.

I’ll come up with something else.

Top Labels in this Space