Workflow/Report Template questions

Hey Guys,

I have a few questions about templates.

Im making a receiving program which has multiple nested tables in the receiving form. They are Film, Masters, and Display.

1 of these will all ways be filled in, but they donโ€™t all need to be filled in.

In my report i would like to fill in a table for displays only if there are rows in displays. etc. How would this be achieved? I would like to have them separated somehow so having them all in 1 table wont work.

Im also wondering about nested tables. How are these implemented into a report?

The Nest goes as follows.
Receiving Table --> Display Table --> Display Lot Number Table.
Receiving Table --> Film Table --> Film Lot Number Table.
Receiving Table --> Master Table --> Master Lot Number Table.

Solved Solved
1 2 324
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Take a look at IF expressions for templates:

They allow you to completely hide certain parts of your workflow based on criteria.

For instance, hereโ€™s a workflow template for an invoicing solution Iโ€™ve built into an app.

If I zoom out:

You can see thereโ€™s two tables that look pretty much the same, but there are subtle differences - enough that merited the duplication of a table and the use of template IF expressions.

And for nesting things, have you checked out the documentation on workflow templates? Check out Start expressions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Take a look at IF expressions for templates:

They allow you to completely hide certain parts of your workflow based on criteria.

For instance, hereโ€™s a workflow template for an invoicing solution Iโ€™ve built into an app.

If I zoom out:

You can see thereโ€™s two tables that look pretty much the same, but there are subtle differences - enough that merited the duplication of a table and the use of template IF expressions.

And for nesting things, have you checked out the documentation on workflow templates? Check out Start expressions.

this is perfect thanks,

Yes i did look at the documentation but it was nothing as detailed as this documentation.

Top Labels in this Space