Workflow rule to download PDF attachment to local device

Currently, I created a workflow to send an email with PDF attachment. It would be better if PDF attachment can be downloaded to local device with a workflow rule. Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 5 1,134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

More than likely there is a mismatch in the path of where the file is saved and where AppSheet is trying to retrieve it. Double check the paths you are using and confirm your understanding of where AppSheet will be looking for the file. It may not be as you think.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I think what you might want has been covered in this post.

I managed to use workflow to save PDF file in default drive and save the filename with โ€œ.pdfโ€ in one column of my table [Installation File]. The column type is โ€œFileโ€. I also learnt from Marketing Docs Sample. However, when I clicked 3X_9_f_9fc788f263423523c54d9e054794a49b78dbb9f8.png to view the PDF file in my app, I got 404 error. What did I do wrong? Please advise. Thank you.

More than likely there is a mismatch in the path of where the file is saved and where AppSheet is trying to retrieve it. Double check the paths you are using and confirm your understanding of where AppSheet will be looking for the file. It may not be as you think.

I set the path in my table under [Installation File] column as shown below.

Then I set an action to open the file as shown below.

I checked the path few times. It was correct. What did I do wrong? Please advise. Thank you.

After I removed โ€œ/โ€ from the path. The problem was solved. Thank you.

Top Labels in this Space