Workflow to submit email with data captured f...

Workflow to submit email with data captured from Table Slice.

Trying to email through workflow with template, pulling data from Slice rather than whole table. Target table is filtered and sliced by usersettings.

Once the user generate the slice through the usersetting, coupled with trigger actions, i wish to send email filled by data from sliced table.

When we create the workflow, we are not able to set sclice (virtual table) as target table. Wondering if this workflow could be set by variable expressions on template ? or appsheet does not support such a case?

0 12 411
12 REPLIES 12

@tsuji_koichi

Can you describe the problem in more detail?

I am making changes regarding how slices are handled in workflow templates. If testing goes well, I plan to release this on Monday afternoon Seattle time. It is possible my changes will fix the problem you are reporting, but I cannot be certain of this, hence my question above.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi let me explain. I set up a couple of usersettings and they are used in Slice to filter rows accordingly. After that, making workflow and actions to trigger the workflow to send email. What I want to do is to put "whole slice table (virtual table) on email template.

The rows appearing on the email template would vary based on usersetting.

When we generate workflow, slices we created are now appearing on the list for Target Data part (only proper tables), even though slice is set โ€œcan update, addโ€.

All in all, how can we put the slice table data filtered by usersettings on email template? Any sample or example of expression are available?

Very interesting what sort of changes would be released within days to come !

@tsuji_koichi

Testing uncovered a problem with my change. It will require more work on my part. I am not yet sure how long that work will take, but the change will not be released today.

Not positive news , but I count on your magic hands. Fingers crossed.

@tsuji_koichi

I am not certain I understand your question.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say โ€œWhat I want to do is to put whole slice table (virtual table) on email templateโ€.

The workflow rule is triggered by an add, update, or delete of a single record. How are the slice records you want to display related to the added, updated, or deleted record that triggerred the workflow rule?

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi sorry, my explanation was not still clear to the point.

Yes, indeed. I wish to table slice on workflow template by update to particular column. Once user change a row with targeted column, then send email by workflow, but i wish to show the slice table on this template.

(on the slice, rows are filtered by usersettings)

On template, I assume we user Start Expression, something like, <<Start:Slice Name[Key Column Name]>> , am I right?

@tsuji_koichi

You you can include a Start expression in the workflow template that refers to a Slice name.

There is a bug at the moment that prevents a reference to UserSettings from working correctly in a workflow rule. I hope to fix that problem in the next day or so. You can write an expression that includes values from UserSettings but the expression will not be evaluated correctly until I fix that problem.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

Thank you for your clarification. Fully understood.

Appreciate if you could drop a post once you solve a bug you are looking into now.

Good to hear we can put slice onto template, give us more flexibility in terms of what we show on the template. Thanks again.

@tsuji_koichi

Thanks. I will let you know when I have fixed the problem.

Wonderful.

@tsuji_koichi

I just completed the coding of the change. If testing goes well, the change will be released on Wednesday afternoon, Seattle time.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Dear Philip, thank for delivering good news. Will generate own testing environment and test workflow to see sometime tomorrow.

Top Labels in this Space