Workflow- "To" to specific email

Hi!

Im working on an app that create report after a client visit.
Once the report is done, a workflow is supposed to send an email to the client for a review of the visit.

I am looking to find a way to write the email adress on the “TO”, i tried Report[Email] to take the email from my data sheet but is not working.

Please help me!

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 19 773
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Plantenance_Landscap
As you can see from my previous post, the second part of the expression is a Y/N criteria to filter/drill down the selection set. Therefore, your SELECT statement can be like this for example:

SELECT(Client List[Email],[ColumnA]=[_THISROW].[ColumnA])

This expression will filter away all the [Email] column data, where [ColumnA] value is equal to the value in the current row when the workflow was triggered.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @Plantenance_Landscap What happens when you do a manual test by clicking on the “Test” button ?

Hi!
it saying it is a Success, and i CC myself to check and there is nothing written on the "To
"

1X_92fa28e21db0143e03ad7b9ed218423432c86463.jpeg

@Plantenance_Landscap
You can try with using:

CONCATENATE(SELECT(Report[Email],TRUE,TRUE))

Hi @LeventK

Thank you for your fast reply, but no i still have an empty To

@Plantenance_Landscap
Can you confirm that you have initiated the expression switch to ON in the workflow rule?

@LeventK
Yes its Switch to ON
1X_a3e17cfb37f841afdad8a5c374d740bbece598f7.png

@Plantenance_Landscap
Verify your [Email] column is EMAIL type and it contains data as well. Can you give us a screenshot if possible? Hard to guess where’s the problem actually.

Yes it is Email type, the email are linked from another data sheet

1X_e2f7e5ba9fef1030ee787d958184fa64efa70fc8.png

@Plantenance_Landscap
You REPORTS: EMAIL column seems to be hidden (as Show? is set to OFF). That might be the cause OR Client List table [Email] column can be the root of the problem.

Oh you are right, the email data didn’t follow from the ClientList to the Report, in the Report the email data is empty!

@LeventK

I put the email Show to ON, but it still blank.

@Plantenance_Landscap
Then the problem possibly lies on the Client List table [Email] column as your Reports table [Email] column reads the values from there. Check and verify that.

To be sure, if i want the email from my Client list on my Report table, i should write Client List[Email] right?

@Plantenance_Landscap
Correct, but that expression might contain dups, beware. I generally use SELECT(TableName[ColumnNAme],{Y/N Criteria}) as an expression in this kinda situations.

Omg it’s working!! Thank you so much!

You’re welcome @Plantenance_Landscap, truly my pleasure to be helped of.

@LeventK

I dont why, now it writes all the email column, it do not pick the one associated to the client

@Plantenance_Landscap
As you can see from my previous post, the second part of the expression is a Y/N criteria to filter/drill down the selection set. Therefore, your SELECT statement can be like this for example:

SELECT(Client List[Email],[ColumnA]=[_THISROW].[ColumnA])

This expression will filter away all the [Email] column data, where [ColumnA] value is equal to the value in the current row when the workflow was triggered.

Top Labels in this Space