Workflow trigger from spreadsheet issue

I have a workflow email that triggers from a value change in a record. The value change is determined from a Google Sheet equation rather than an Appsheet equation. My understanding is that my workflow isn’t working because the change is determined by the spreadsheet and Appsheet doesn’t see it. Is there a workaround for this other than creating a scheduled report?

Thanks in advance!

Justin

0 4 335
4 REPLIES 4

You need to get Appheet involved to detect the change in the data source. If you want to trigger the change in data within data on spreadsheet, why don t you change the value of spreadsheet using Appsheet API? For instance, if you run external app or service, then through API call from there to Appsheet API to make a change to the spreadsheet.

This requires the Appsheet Business plan, but it surely works.

The Appsheet is able to detect the change in the value on spread sheet or even the addition of new row/record to spreadsheet, it fire the workflow as you wish.

Unless it’s something that AppSheet can’t do, I would advocate migrating any calculations over to appsheet.

Thanks guys, this is where I’m stuck. I’m not totally sure how to move all of this to Appsheet without completing revising the app.

Essentially we enter a purchase order in Appsheet, and it adds a new row to a Purchase orders sheet in Google Sheets.

We have a PO Received column that populates Yes or No based on the spreadsheet equation:

=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(G133)), IF(AND((G133=H133),(J133=K133),(M133=N133),(P133=Q133),(S133=T133),(V133=W133),(Y133=Z133),(AB133=AC133),(AE133=AF133),(AH133=AI133)),“Yes”,“No”), “No”)

The receiver receives parts tied to the PO number and when all of the columns in the Purchase Orders sheet match, the value of PO Received changes to Yes.

When it does this, Appsheet doesn’t pick it up in order to generate a workflow. I know that I can use a report to get around this.

Now that issue I have is that I need to add a date received in order to filter my reports by date by Google Apps Script can run a trigger properly from a Yes value calculated from a formula.

All I want to do is generate a report once per day showing which POs have been received in the preceding 24 hours.

Any ideas of how to do this without completely revising the app structure?

Thanks!

Justin

This should be a fairly easy expression to convert to Appsheet. Simply replace all cell references with the column names.

To start, you’ll need some way to record the timestamp of when the PO Received column turns to a Yes. Check out Change-type columns.

Top Labels in this Space