Workflow triggered successfully but yielding no results

Good Day,

I am experiencing a bizarre result when trigger a scheduled report.

I have created a very simple template expression…

<<Start: Daily Report[ID]>>
  Q1: <<[TEMPLATE].[Q1]>>
  OPT1: <<[OPT1]>>
<<End>>

The result is successful however, this is the result perplexing to me. Moreover, when I avoid the template expression altogether and just enter the columns directly in the email body (without a template) I get this error

Any help would be appreciated

ScheduledReport (2).pdf (12.5 KB)

Try
SELECT(Daily Report[ID], TRUE)

1 Like

Does the Daily Report table have a column named TEMPLATE? The report generator thinks not.

1 Like

Using <<Start: Select(Daily Report[ID], TRUE)>> yields the exact same results

Indeed it does have a [TEMPLATE] column, it is a ref. I have tried other columns as well and it makes no difference. Same behavior

My question was bad:

Your <<Start>> tag is this:

<<Start: Daily Report[ID]>>

which means column references between that <<Start>> tag and its <<End>> tag will refer to columns of the rows identified by the [ID] values, NOT columns of the Daily Report table. Does the table to which the values of the ID column refer have a TEMPLATE column?

1 Like

Yes, the Daily Report is just a slice, all of the columns of the Daily Report[ID] are included in the slice, including the Template column

Please post a screenshot of the configuration screen of the ID column of the Daily Report table/slice.

Slice (the row filter condition is working as intended. There are entries , regardless, I have tried to completely remove it-no difference)

Table

Id Column settings 1 0f 2

Id column settings 2 of 2

1 Like

Does View Data display the rows you expect?

Yes,

Taken from slice

1 Like

Hmm. Looks good there.

Please post a screenshot of the configuration of the Template column of the Inspections table.

1 Like

I originally thought this may have been the issue but no matter the column I throw in the template the results are the same

1 Like

Well, I’m at a loss! I’m going to have to refer you to support@appsheet.com so someone there can look deeper. Once you’ve figured it out, I’d appreciate if you’d share the fix here in the community. I’m definitely curious!

1 Like

Thanks, @Steve. I will open a ticket and definitely post an update.

I appreciate it

2 Likes

Update: it appeared as though my security filters were causing the issues.

I bypassed them and I was able to generate a proper workflow. Still confused as to why considering I was not one of the users who would have been affected by the filtered data.

Regardless, thanks for the assistance :slight_smile:

1 Like