Workflow will SMS but not email

Mike_T

I copied a workflow. Changed the source table. Updated all the new fields <>, etc.
It is triggered based on Adds Only. So I go into the app, submit a form.

The workflow fires off the SMS โ€ฆno problem.

But no email!

Was working fine on the original workflow. Anything I should be looking for that would prevent an email?

I am using a template. At first I built my own and added the doc ID. When that didnโ€™t work, I had appsheet create the template and I just copied and pasted my original content. Any ideas?

Solved Solved
0 6 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Use TEXT() to generate a custom-formatted timestamp, rather than using the raw DateTime column value. For instance, rather than:

[DateTime]

use:

TEXT([DateTime], "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS")

See also:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Have you checked your spam folder?

What does the workflow log tell you?

Mike_T

Steve,

Again if I could think like you (rational human) I would have thought to check the log. Found a misspelled column name in my template!

Thanks for the reply and solution!

Mike

Thereโ€™s so much to consider when troubleshooting! Itโ€™s often good to have someone around to give you a little nudge.

Mike_T

Quick followup question regarding the archiving and naming in Workflowโ€ฆ

Any suggestions where I could include the date in the name of the archived pdf? Currently Iโ€™m using a datetime type field in the Attachment Name. Itโ€™s breaking the date into a folder hierarchy. i.e. 3/21/2021 8:00:00 PM gives me a folder structure of Attachments/Reports/3/21/ 2021 8-00-00 PMfilename etc.

Iโ€™ll try to use an expression in the Attachment name field and see what happens but it doesnโ€™t expressly state this is allowed.

Thought I would ask before I break something else.

Use TEXT() to generate a custom-formatted timestamp, rather than using the raw DateTime column value. For instance, rather than:

[DateTime]

use:

TEXT([DateTime], "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS")

See also:

Steve,

Great tip! I added a virtual column to my table creating a Text out of my DateTime column. Then referenced the VC column in Archive File Name in my Workflow. This works great!

Thanks again for your time and knowledge share!

Top Labels in this Space