Working on a time and meal log. I've been ab...

Working on a time and meal log.

I’ve been able to get the barcode scanning to work to pre-populate certain fields.

However, when using the scan no detail ever shows up on the related time log.

If I skip the barcode lookup and simply choose the employee name from the drop down the related inline detail is there.

Any suggestions for where to look to identify the issue?

Also, when using the scan field (either scan or typing in the ID number) the hourly rate calculations don’t work but everything works when choosing name from drop down.

The lookup formulas is in the initial value field.

in case that matters.

Thanks

0 10 331
10 REPLIES 10

Is you column a ref field and you are seeing the label value?

So I have 5 tables:

Employee List Meal Log Time Log Purchase and Material Details Vehicle and Equipment Usage Details

The Meal and Time Logs have the Name column as the ref and it is a label.

The other tables have name as ref but it is not a label.

Should the ref field be the label or no?

In your Employee table, what is your key column and what kind of values they have? Do you have a separate ID column for that purpose?

i do have a column just for unique ID that is the key.

Separate from Employee ID (since some people that show up may not have an employee ID).

The Name column in the employee table is the label.

I have another app that tracks people in a similar way (diff purpose) and all the inline views update - not sure what I’ve done here.

I believe the reason is this. When you choose the employee name from the dropdown list, you are actually choosing the unique ID value (the label just show you the name value). If you now try to read the value from the barcode, are you reading the unique ID, Employee ID or Employee Name?

So the name is the label in the employee list table - is that what you’re saying is populating the drop down in the time log?

Sorry - just when i think i understand keys and labels i get thrown off again.

Would you please give the account ID and the app name. I can check the reason quickly.

Sorry for the delay…I thought I responded back. I know where to find the app name but not acct id…

how can I locate that or is better to add you as collaborator for this?

You can find the ID from the URL. It’s like AppName-123456.

TimeMealLog-589363

It’s not public though.

Let me know if I need to add you via email.

It would be ideal to have the employee list in a drop down as you’ll see with the empid field but also have the scan option and have either of these inputs prepopulate the additional fields (position, location, if scanning them name).

Top Labels in this Space