Wow, the TABS view for the Forms looks great....

Wow, the TABS view for the Forms looks great.

Aleksi was just going through a lot of trouble trying to insert in my thick skull how to break long forms into slices and navigate between them, but the FORM TABS will make it much easier!

Just a questionโ€ฆ is it possible to use small icons on the tabs instead of text? If not, is it planned for the future?

0 14 838
14 REPLIES 14

Also, in the Page Count tab, with the circles and filled circles indicating pages and page you are, it would be interesting if you could click on a circle to navigate to that page.

Not sure, maybe itโ€™s a small bug.

Usually the first tab is getting the name โ€œRowNumberโ€, which is a column created by AppSheet and is usally created as first column of the table.

Even if second column is a Show - Page Header typeโ€ฆ second column creates by the tab, but itโ€™s name is taken from the first column Row Numberโ€ฆ

@Rogerio_Penna It should use display name, we may need to adjust the behavior if thatโ€™s not working. @Sarah_Gould_AppSheet

@Pim_Sauter Empty columns are automatically interpreted as page breaks, but you can also add named columns and just change the column type to Show-type, Page Header.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet on the topic created by Sarah Gould, it was pointed out that they get the name from the Show Type CONTENT field. Thanks.

Ah, that makes sense.

Iโ€™ve fixed it so it uses the Content field or just says โ€œPage 1โ€ โ€œPage 2โ€ etc. That should go out today.

Yes this is another way to build different functionalitiesโ€ฆ from this day

@Aleksi_Alkio Sorry that you had all that work (making the demo app PLUS typeing long answers to my questions) just to have this new Form typeโ€ฆ

No problem. Sometimes you need this kind of approach and sometimes this tab feature is enough.

Pim_Sauter
Participant IV

@Aleksi_Alkio does this work with a database back end? The way to make multi page forms is to insert an empty column, but this is not possible with SQL databases. Any other way here?

Good questionโ€ฆ

I just noticed this release from this post. Need to check.

Maybe another small bug, but on my cell phone the tabs appear named as โ€œpage 1โ€, โ€œpage 2โ€, etcโ€ฆ

On Appsheet website, editing the App, the tabs appear with the names of the columns or with the changed name based on description, etc.

Harry2
Participant V

@Rogerio_Penna Hi Rogerio, what are the account ID, the name of the app, and the names of the table and form view in question? What are your device model and OS? Also, would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of the problem on your device?

@Harry Hi Dinh. Problem was already solved it seems to me. Itโ€™s looking the same in my mobile as on the AppSheet website now.

Was it a problem on my end or did you guys work on it sometime later in the day?

ANYWAY, the Tabs are getting their name from the Column name.

As I read somewhere on AppSheet help files that you shouldnยดt change column name as there might be a mismatch between column name and spreadsheet, it would be nice if the Tabs would get their names from the DISPLAY NAME or from the DESCRIPTION, in caso those are available.

I tried and so far, it seems itโ€™s not workingโ€ฆ only column name is used.

Top Labels in this Space