Write to Alternative Table Is there a way I ...

Colin1

Write to Alternative Table

Is there a way I can write data to a column of an Alternative Table (that is NOT currently being acted upon in a Behavior -> Action) >

For example, I am looking at, say ADDRESS_TABLE in a detail view, but I want to update a columnโ€™s row on a PERSON_TABLE.

How could that be done?

0 6 379
6 REPLIES 6

You can do with if the column on the other question is a virtual column.

You could also do it via a Google Sheet formula.

But tell us more details as to what and why youโ€™re trying to do.

@Colin

You can make changes to field values in the same table, or in a different table with Data Change actions.

Like Simon, I am not certain I understand the details of what you are trying to do, so I am not certain if Data Change actions would help you.

Colin1

@Simon_Robinson I am looking at perhaps having a column on the PERSON_TABLE called REF_ADDRESS_ID that links the Person to the Address on the ADDRESS_TABLE. I want an expression to do this while the ADDRESS_TABLEโ€™s detail view is open.

(Please donโ€™t think about the design of this example too much, I want to just focus on the expressions and implementation of it.)

Colin1

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh If I used 'Grouped: execute a sequence of actions", it will only allow actions from the same table, in addition to Edit and Add.

If I used 'Data: set the value of a column" it will only show the columns for the same table.

If I used โ€œData: execute an action on a set of rowsโ€ I think I am limited on how I can trigger it?

See this

help.appsheet.com - Changing Data from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report Changing Data from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

Colin1

@Bellave_Jayaram I do not think this is it. I cannot get the values to cross over.

Top Labels in this Space