Writing Direct Image URL to spreadsheet

Hello,

I was able to generate Image URL via a virtual column setup in a form:

However, I am aiming towards writing the link to the spreadsheet along with the data being inputted by the user. I attempted on adding the column to the spreadsheet and embedding the formula in the columns. My plan was just to hide the column in the form but I received an error when I regenerated the columns that the column is being rejected because of the excel formula.

I also tried incorporating the formula in the app column but the links return empty in the spreadsheet.

How else may I be able to write the Image URL to the spreadsheet?

Thank you for taking the time to read my inquiry! - Gus

0 4 408
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

None of this makes sense to me.

An App formula expression for a normal (non-virtual) column is only evaluated when the row is updated, either through a form or by an action. Have you updated the row since adding the App formula?

Sorry, in other words, I meant that once the user takes the picture, and saves the form, the link does not appear in the spreadsheet. I have added the column in the spreadsheet as well.

Since I saw the direct image URL link :

(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",ENCODEURL(โ€œSweeperBreakdown-2907899โ€),"&... Breakdownโ€),"&fileName=",ENCODEURL([Image]))

is not being generated in the spreadsheet after the user saves the form, I attempted a different way.

I added a column to the spreadsheet with the formula:

(CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",ENCODEURL(โ€œSweeperBreakdown-2907899โ€),"&... Breakdownโ€),"&fileName=",ENCODEURL(A2))

Where A2 is the image name generated by the Appsheet form. I then was going to hide this column that holds this formula in the Appsheet form. This is when Appsheet gave me an error message explaining it does not support that type of excel formula.

Hoping I explained it a bit better? My goal is for the form to take the image name, and somehow generate the direct URL into the spreadsheet.

Me interesa saber como hacer esto tambiรฉn.

Uk
Silver 1
Silver 1

Sometimes it works, Sometimes it doesn't . Any solution?

Top Labels in this Space